Menu

Hair Drama!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsAmy Posts: 983
Ok...so while I love my hair down and never really pictured anything other than having my hair down/half down, apparently it would be a crime to cover the back of my dress.. so I went to the hairdresses again (partially against my wishes) to try an upstyle I really liked the look of...only she did 5/6 times and pulled it down each time (I didn't even get to see) as she said she wasn't happy with it, it was messy, I'd too much hair etc etc etc So, now I'm stumped - have to go back Wed - ONE WEEK to the day before the wedding to try again...she said to spend the weekend looking up pictures that I like the look of and bring them in with me for next week... O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| Here's the thing though - I don't LIKE most upstyles - they're too big and fussy for me... I really like simple, understated, minimalist type styles...Oh, and low upstyles too, that graze around the nape of the neck... not asking for much but I have no idea what to do! Picture of similar back of dress attached and the upstyle I wanted...
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
FutureMrsS.... Have you changed your dress again for a keyhole back now?!!!!! I like that upstyle you showed there. If you wanted to wear your hair down why don't you and pin it to the side in soft curls?
MrsAtobe Posts: 1158
I am wearing my hair down because I always do and would NEVER put it up, no matter what anyone said, so if you really want it down wear it down. As mentioned above you could pin it to one side or style it so it sat to one side if you wanted. I don't like most upstyles either but I really like the one you posted.
No I just added lace cap sleeves that form a keyhole back! :-) Think I will leave it down, I love having it down and suits me best that way! Screw up styles!! Hehe
Eleanor Rigby Posts: 1067
[quote="FutureMrsS":w49elnr9]No I just added lace cap sleeves that form a keyhole back! :-) Think I will leave it down, I love having it down and suits me best that way! Screw up styles!! Hehe[/quote:w49elnr9] Fair play! This is exactly what I was going to say! Wear it the way you want, it's your day and you'll look smashing either way! I never have my hair up, it's much more comfortable having it down and no matter what dress I'd bought I'd be wearing it down! It's getting soon so all the best if I'm not on here before your day!!! Also, pics, your dress is FAB!
flor Posts: 1621
futuremrss - was also going to say just go with whatever you feel most comfortable and yourself in! i like the sound of the soft curls to one side but of course it's totally what you like best yourself. i liked the last trial you posted pics of - soft curls, half up - if you wanted to keep some of your hair back from your face?
bellabear2012 Posts: 162
FutureMrsS you're getting married Wednesday week? Me too!! I haven't decided on my hair yet either having a secong trial next Thursday.
Oh my gosh BellaBear, so glad someone else is in the same boat!!! The curls fell out After about 2 hours Flor, sigh... my hair is poker straight naturally so difficult to keep anything in without a massive amount of product which feels awful!!!