hair dye

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

witty Posts: 165
what is the opinion of people is it ok to dye your hair when pregnant ive heard a mixed bag
chefmaid Posts: 2426
hi witty, everyone has different ideas on this. i would have no problem to dye my hair now and did 2 weeks ago. I have been getting the same dye for years and i don't want to spent 9 mths looking at gray hairs :o0 :o0
Emme Posts: 4735
Same here! I asked Consultant, he said yes so I dyed away!!
mooky Posts: 1501
me too! asked consultant and she said it was fine
tanyababy. Posts: 511
I waited until after the 1st trimester and then did it in hairdressers. I just didnt use the usual peroxide. I will do it again shortly before babs is born as my roots are showing again. My doc said it was fine also
witty Posts: 165
thanks girls for all your responses feel much better now couldnt face horrible dull hair for the nxt 9 months
IckleStar Posts: 362
i have one question on this , does it matter permanent v semi permantent or is the school of thought if you dye at all then you are of the opinion that it has no affect on baby?
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi Rossi, don't think it matters. One sensible thing I read is don't go for a different brand if it all possible just in case you get an allergy or it comes out badly because your hormones can change the results so you're safer with your usual brand.