Hair extensions on the day??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

miss shimmer Posts: 453
Hi girls :wv Just wondering are any of you wearing extensions on your wedding day. I have been blessed with extremely thin, dull hair :yelrotflmaosmilie: I don't want to do an upstyle with my hair, Id prefer to leave it down and maybe put some curls in it but I think Id need some extensions for volume. Anyone thinking of doing the same as myself??
Fuss Pot Posts: 405
Hi, Yep I'm having hair extensions on the day! My hair stylist has told me the ones to get - I'm having my hair down with curls and like you could do with a bit of volume! They look great!! :wv
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Like you - I have fine hair. My hair dresser is going to put in some clip in extensions to add body - I'm still going for an upstyle but need to give her something to work with :o0
[quote="Bride2B11"]Hi, Yep I'm having hair extensions on the day! My hair stylist has told me the ones to get - I'm having my hair down with curls and like you could do with a bit of volume! They look great!! :wv[/q Are you getting clip in ones?? I havent asked a hairdresser yet about them, but im wondering will I be worrying all day that they might fall out or something. That wouldnt be a good look :yelrotflmaosmilie:
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
Yep i am having hair extensions but with an upstyle for more volume as like you my hair is very fine!
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I'm thinking about this. Hoping my hair will be below my shoulders for the day so i'd like to add extensions to thicken my hair but not any longer than my own hair so i don't look totally different! I've planned a hair trial 6 months before the wedding to get the stylists opinion. My dress is strapless so i'd like a half up/half down style but if i don't go for extensions i'll have to have it all up or it will be all stringy and flat :o(
petersgirl Posts: 1568
I think the clip in ones are secure enough - although I'd guess maybe a hair dresser could hide them better in an upstyle that wasn't moving around. if you check youtube there are some videos of people demo ing the clip in hair extensions. Or check out the American Dreams website think there are vids on there http://www.americandreamextensions.com/
Fuss Pot Posts: 405
[quote="lorsteph87":1l1x3ee4][quote="Bride2B11":1l1x3ee4]Hi, Yep I'm having hair extensions on the day! My hair stylist has told me the ones to get - I'm having my hair down with curls and like you could do with a bit of volume! They look great!! :wv[/q Are you getting clip in ones?? I havent asked a hairdresser yet about them, but im wondering will I be worrying all day that they might fall out or something. That wouldnt be a good look :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:1l1x3ee4][/quote:1l1x3ee4] Yeah I'm getting the clip in ones, don't know where you're based but I'm gonna get them in Hairspray in Dundrum (nearer to the wedding after I get my colour done so they match perfectly). I was worried about them falling out too!! But my hair stylist says they're really secure and won't fall out!! HTH!!
The Hamster Posts: 53
I'm so tempted to get actual proper hair extensions for my wedding :innocent: I think this is maybe not such a good idea tho?
[quote="petersgirl":334khjnk]I think the clip in ones are secure enough - although I'd guess maybe a hair dresser could hide them better in an upstyle that wasn't moving around. if you check youtube there are some videos of people demo ing the clip in hair extensions. Or check out the American Dreams website think there are vids on there http://www.americandreamextensions.com/[/quote:334khjnk] Thanks il check that out :) :thnk [quote="The Hamster":334khjnk]I'm so tempted to get actual proper hair extensions for my wedding :innocent: I think this is maybe not such a good idea tho?[/quote:334khjnk] I think the real hair extensions would probably be good especially if your planning on styling your hair, dont think the fake hair extensions can take all the styling.