Hair Loss during pregnancy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marriedinmay Posts: 578
I am 5 weeks pregnant but have noticed over the past couple of weeks I seem to be loosing alot of my hair, it is worring me :o( Did anyone here suffer with this symptom? :wv
Princess_Jess Posts: 445
it could be just hormone changes?
volvic35 Posts: 1118
I could make a wig out of my hair falling out, its the season in general but probably because we're pregnant its probably the changes in our bodies too.
Arta1 Posts: 276
Im the same, dh keeps giving out cause he's finding my hair everywhere. Id say its just the hormones, no need to worry.
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Oh gals i'm with ya on the hairloss, apparently it happens to some women during PG but its more common afterwards. I've lost an awful amount of hair, was really thinking i'd be bald by christmas. Mentioned it to midwife and told me to start on iron(ferrograd C) and its done the trick thank god, its really slowed down the last week or so.
Nadie Posts: 1111
I was clogging up the drain after EVERY shower with my crazy hair loss. It seems to have stoped now, can't say I've noticed it for the last 2 months or so, so maybe it's just a first trimester thing...in any case there were never any bald patches actually noticeable to anyone, not even me. I only knew about it cos of the trail of hair I left behind.
Emme Posts: 4735
Think there is some hormone which stops you getting rid of things like skin, hair so when you do notice that you're loosing it it seems like tons but you're loosing the same as you always would have just at the same time..if that makes sense!
Gingham Posts: 3014
I lost hair right through the first trimester..it was coming out in handfuls....Stopped around 13/14 weeks....it is to do with the change in hormones....anything longer then this could be to do with your iron levels