Hair Loss

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

reynmc Posts: 74
Hi I have a beautiful 4 month old daughter and all has been going very well for us both. However my hair is starting to fall out in clumps, does anyone know what i can do to help nourish my hair and get it back to what it was before i was pregnant and can anyone tell me if this hair loss will continue for much longer. I am getting married in December and really would like to have my hair on the day!!!!! Cheers x
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i know my Sil had this when she had her child. i have had it for the first 12 weeks of preg too. but it has stopped now. her doctor prescriped her a certain shampoo or maybe ask in the chemist, they might know what to use for maximum effect.
RJR Posts: 962
Hi Congrats on your LO! It's completely normal to have hair loss after the birth, but it's just the extra hair you got while pregnant that comes out. It totally freaked me out till I realised it wasn't my usual hair coming out. Even if you didn't notice you hair getting a bit thicker during the pregnancy it will have done. HTH and good luck with the wedding!
Gingham Posts: 3014
It happens to alot of women that they have hairloss after they have had their baby..usually 3/4 months later. It is to do with hormonal changes and also when you are pregnant as the OP said your hair doesnt fall out so all this extra hair starts falling out afterwards. Headhigh capsules which can be got from any chemist are brilliant... I swear by them(i suffered from hairloss due to medication I was on a few years ago) just be assured it does stop!