Hair loss

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

reine Posts: 1771
Honest to god, if much more of my hair falls out, I'll be bald!! Now, I thought we were supposed to get lovely lustrous locks during pregnancy and the hair loss would happen afterwards. Mine is falling out in clumps!! Has this happened to anyone else? I presume there's nothing I can do?
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
Might be worth getting your iron checked if it hasn't been done recently - iron deficiency can cause hair loss.
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Reine this happened me terrible when PG, was awful had clumps on my pillow every morning. Turned out my iron was v low, deffo worth getting checked
Oh really? Didn't know that about the iron! I know they told me that my levels were fine at 12 weeks, but that was ages ago now. They must have dropped. Will get them checked again. Thanks.
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Mine fell out in the first few months then stopped thankfully
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Mine never fell out during pregnancy but did after, can't remember it being this bad after having dd but now after ds it's falling out in clumps and when I brush my hair one stroke and the brush is full with hair! I only had my iron levels checked on tuesday and it's really good so it's not that, I think I read somewhere that it's hormonal? Good job I have really, really thick hair!!
sapphire02 Posts: 121
Reine - mine is falling out too in lumps. I could sweep up the bathroom floor about 5 times a day. I was so looking forward to luscious locks too during pg as everybody told me it stops falling out - defo not the case with me... My iron was checked only 3 weeks ago and levels were good, I will ask my Dr next week too. Let me know if your Dr finds anything or makes any suggestions...
It's terrible, isn't it? I'm worried I'll be left with no hair! My next appt is in 2 weeks, so I'm going to ask then. It's really odd though. I think we're definitely the exception to the rule!