Menu

Hair & makeup-kilashee

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

poodle Posts: 596
Hi im ghetting married in Kilashee , naas and am staying in the hotel the night b4.I was wondering if anyone has used the hairdressers and makeup artists there in the spa,and if so can they recommend them? or anyone else?much appreciated :wv
Youagain Posts: 576
I heard recently from a beautician and I have to say it concurs with my own feeling that unless you're a regular they won't really bother with you. My experience in plush hotel spas, are that the beauty salons do not employ top notch staff. My beauty therapist agreed with me and between us we shared a few stories which included some big name hotels (not Kilashee mind). For my wedding I would take no chances. Book a good hairdresser and makeup artist. Susan Peggs lives in Naas, and I'm sure you can find a good local makeup artist. I have a feeling Kate Conkey lives near Naas. Don't take chances with a hotel spa! Just my tuppence worth.
buffybuzz Posts: 492
Maybe go for a trial??!!
poodle Posts: 596
[quote="Youagain":34240bfy]I heard recently from a beautician and I have to say it concurs with my own feeling that unless you're a regular they won't really bother with you. My experience in plush hotel spas, are that the beauty salons do not employ top notch staff. My beauty therapist agreed with me and between us we shared a few stories which included some big name hotels (not Kilashee mind). For my wedding I would take no chances. Book a good hairdresser and makeup artist. Susan Peggs lives in Naas, and I'm sure you can find a good local makeup artist. I have a feeling Kate Conkey lives near Naas. Don't take chances with a hotel spa! Just my tuppence worth.[/quote:34240bfy] yep , you're right.just needed to hear it!thanks for the names , i'll get in tought wth them :wv
Youagain Posts: 576
Just to give you an example, I had a €60 manicure in a 5 star hotel, and when I asked for a french polish, the girl came out with stickers to draw the lines on.... sure I can do that myself !!! :o0