Hair salon, Swords (thick wavy hair!)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Debb2010 Posts: 831
Hi, I have fairly thick wavy hair that needs to be cut really well to be manageable (I also get highlights which makes it quite dry). I live in Swords but go to a hairdressers in Drumcondra which is a bit of a journey &, if possible, I'd like to go somewhere nearer home but I'm wary of somewhere new (been going to the old place for donkeys years & they're great - just a bit far away & pretty expensive) in case they're not as good. I live really near Tonsor in Applewood - has anyone been there? Or can anyone (specially someone with 'difficult' hair!) recommend somewhere really good in the area?
pupsalove Posts: 1490
Hi Debb I too live near Applewood and I go to Peter Marks in the Pavilions, there are two girls there Gillian and Paula who are very good. I also have thick hair and I find Paula is a very good cutter. I would recommend either her or Gillian, call them on 8074007
Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
I sent my missus for a mop-chop last week, she was in a car accident recently and couldn't manage her hair properly and being the sex I am I was absolutely useless in that department. She has frizzy hair and it can drive her pretty crazy sometimes. I sent her to peter mark in the pavillions and she was looked after by a girl called Simone who done an excellent job. She even went back for a trim last this weekend - so she must have been good. HTH
Debb2010 Posts: 831
Thanks guys, I'll give PM's a go so!