hairdresser galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

summerbridee Posts: 74
Hi all Have alot of my booking done and am now looking for a hairdresser. if anyone has any feedback on hairdressers in the galway area it would be much appreciated!! Thanks a mil
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi there, Try Helga Kamph! www.itsfabulous.net/
Annajoly123 Posts: 601
Hi there Barrys hairdressers on shop street are a top end hair dressers. I got my hair done there numerous times! David martin are also really good! I got my hair done there for an event and they called me in for a trial for my up-do and then i got it done perfectly on the day! I would highly recommend them both! Good luck =)
elephant79 Posts: 17
I would recommend Barrys also and in particular Cathal. He did the hair for two of my friends weddings and I have gotten upstyles with him a number of times and am always happy
sarah1979 Posts: 198
I've booked Barry's for mine. I'm having my trial in a couple of weeks. If your still not sure pm me and I'll tell you how I get on
princessB2B Posts: 354
does anyone know if Barrys will come out to your house? or David Martins?
Annajoly123 Posts: 601
Not sure if either travel to your house sorry.. but its no harm in asking!!
sarah1979 Posts: 198
[quote="princessB2B":288v63rv]does anyone know if Barrys will come out to your house? or David Martins?[/quote:288v63rv] They told me that they prefer you to go to them. They're gonna open early for me. They said if they call out to you they charge €100 per hour plus the price of each hairstyle. I thought the hairdresser might come out to me independent of Barry's but they weren't keen on that idea
princessB2B Posts: 354
[quote="sarah1979":2h2t5vzz][quote="princessB2B":2h2t5vzz]does anyone know if Barrys will come out to your house? or David Martins?[/quote:2h2t5vzz] They told me that they prefer you to go to them. They're gonna open early for me. They said if they call out to you they charge €100 per hour plus the price of each hairstyle. I thought the hairdresser might come out to me independent of Barry's but they weren't keen on that idea[/quote:2h2t5vzz] Thats not what they told me. I was told €100 per hour and there are 4 of us so she estimated about 1hr for me and half hour for others so about €250total. have you had a hair trial with them yet?
AquariusGal Posts: 512
Hey princess Try Sharon Dooley - she travels, she's based near Ahascragh. She came to my house the morning of the wedding - she does both hair & make up, not sure if you have the make up booked yet? Anyway our hairstyles were fab, stayed put all day!! She has very reasonable rates as well! Her site is http://www.sharond.com Also, I saw really gorgeous hairstyles on Beautiful Ambition's salon's FB page in Loughrea recently - amazing! Not sure if they call out, but no harm trying!