HAIRY MARY!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Atora Posts: 275
Not sure how many of you are suffering from this, but my tummy is quite hairy since i was about 8 weeks pregnant :shock: I have dark hair too which makes it worse :( I know that creams are out due to chemicals etc and i asked inmy local salon about waxing - she said it was safe enough but it was best to leave well alone....Anyway, when i was out shopping last week i saw this hair removal gel called "Nads" (in fact i only noticed it because i was having a good ole giggle at the name :D) It says it is a chemical free gel to remove hair, and this woman apparently came up with it when trying to find a natural remedy for her daughter. Has anyone heard of this? I would love to know if i could use it on my big hairy belly so any comments appreciated!!
bride may Posts: 435
Never heard of it Iam afraid, but why don't you just shave of the hairs?
clairebear76 Posts: 568
don't touch it! there are just the hairs that grow when pregnant and they go darker because of your hormone level, which goes back to normal afterwards and most of the hairs drop out, fidderling with ya hairy belly will make the hairs stay there permantly.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Yup, I've had a very hairy belly for weeks now. TBH though, I've been too sick to care, it's been the last thing on my mind. Sure, who would be looking at your belly anyway :lol: :lol: !!!
irish bride Posts: 558
Hi guys, Am I reading right that you can't use hair removal creams while you are pg? thanks
Nad1678 Posts: 16
Hi girls, dont touch it whatever you do, you will only have to keep it up, whereas if left alone they will disapear after you have your baby, a friend of mine waxed hers and 3 years later is still having it done along with her bikini line whereas i ignored mine and it was gone within a month of having daughter, the dark pigament line will take a lot longer to disapear. Anything up to 8-9 months.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote:33n6st41]Never heard of it Iam afraid, but why don't you just shave of the hairs?[/quote:33n6st41] Jesus don't shave it,you will always have to if you start.I don't know anything about being pg but just leave it for the time being
MRS H TO BE Posts: 1410
This is totally normal while pregnant, it dissapears after you have the baby! So no need to be panicking. Its all down to hormones I'm afraid! Have you noticed how good the hair on your head is? During my 2 pregnancies my hair was lovely! Just don't go shaving or using hair removal cream.
Princess Atora Posts: 275
Thanks for the replies girls - i definitely wouldn't shave it anyway, nobody like a stubbly belly! I feel a bit better having posted though, my Husband had told me to leave it and thats the advice i seem to be getting here also. Only 4 months to go so maybe i can put up with it for a bit longer. Just glad i'm not alone. I just always thought it would be smooth and lovely :lol:
clairebear76 Posts: 568
only in the mags love!