Haiti Orphans ... Misunderstanding or trafficking??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jellywellies Posts: 2268
Not sure if anyone heard the news yesterday but a group was stopped going over the border with a bus load of "orphans" - apparently some of the kids spoke up and said that their parents were still alive and that they thought they were going on a holiday to the dominican republic! Just wondering what your thoughts are on this? I'm not sure - I think if the kids were "kipnapped" so to speak for trafficking purposes then it is so horrible after what they have been through in Haiti!!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
I was wondering the same myself, personally I do think its trafficking as from programmes ive seen before there is big money in trafficking children and there are sick b @stards out there who thrive on on others misfortunes, sad sad world we live in :o( :o( :o(
emlo Posts: 1506
I don't know...not sure if they were trafficking but they certainly had no business going in there and picking kids up with the intention of bringing them to another country, even if it was to safety as they say. Some of these children still had family who survived the earthquake. I think they may have thought they were doing the right thing, but went the complete wrong way about it.