Halifax gone!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

piscean Posts: 351
Panicing now - because we got approved for a loan but apparently they're gone out of Ireland by May of this year - it says on their website that they'll be in touch with loan applicants this week - was relying on this loan!
Elban26 Posts: 2458
Oh no, that's not good news, will keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll be ok. Surely they'll have to honour all loan offers made and approved?
piscean Posts: 351
With a bit of luck - say a prayer!
jamjars Posts: 1721
Apparently they're only honouring mortgages but I don't know... http://www.newstalk.ie/news/news-headli ... jobs-lost/ "It says it will no longer be offering products in the Irish market but existing mortgage holders will be catered for."
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
what about bank accounts does anyone know? :eek
workingmom Posts: 3429
Heard on the news that savings a/cs, current a/cs and credit cards will be phased out before they leave the market, I'd say they will write to customers asking them to move their savings and current accounts, and probably will leave the Credit card debt and mortgage debt with current customers to pay it off as normal, but I'd say you won't be able to use the card anymore..... that, or they'll sell the debt onto another company.....