Halloween. Do you...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nostress Posts: 1606
Do you decorate your house? We have no kids and we are new to our area. But I think there are kids around and for some reason I really wanna decorate the porch. Few fairy lights, cobwebs (fake ones to add to the real ones :duh: ) Is it a waste of money or do most people do it?
ShadowHaven Posts: 146
No, I don't. Neither do any of my friends. Even the ones with children.
lollypopwife Posts: 836
Nah not really, just pop a pumpkin out on Hallowe'en night! No kids though.
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
I normally dont but everyone in my estate has , and i found 2 skeletons for the window in dealz for 1.49 so i just bought those and stuck them in the front window just to be "festive" :) Im a big child at heart oh and we don't have kids either but most of our neighbours are young couples with young kids its nice to get into the spirit
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I have a few bits for the front door and living room window, nothing OTT compared to some of my neightbours. Only started decorating last year as it was LO's first year trick or treating so we were home for a change on hallowe'en night
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
We've no kids but I got a couple of bits for around the front door and I'll proabbaly carve up a pumpkin next weekend. There are a lot of kids in our estate so we'll have lots of trick or treaters coming to the door. Heatons had some good cheap decorations.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
I freakin love Halloween. We always decorated our house when we were kids and we all still do now. My Aunt and Uncle, 2 doors down, don't have any kids and always decorate. My Aunt makes an amazing puca every year to sit on the porch. We also go in for a good Halloween bonfire too. Our apartment is half decorated already but we've just had thanksgiving so we've had pumpkins and sheaves of corn in the apartment since then. I've a little glass pumpkin holder a kind of witches hat tinsel that I might add to them this weekend. We're planning on having a pumpkin carving party next weekend, with apple pie, warm cider and harvest ale. I seriously love autumn and Halloween :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Ellefun Posts: 1312
We don't have children and it's an older neighbourhood. We haven't gotten any trick or treaters the last few years. Kids aren't going very far nowadays to get their sugar fix (well around here anyway). I don't think I'll bother buying sweets in the vain hope we'll get any; I'd just end up eating what we don't give away and be mad at myself :-8 And I never decorate the house for Halloween. I don't remember my parents or any of the other parents doing it when I was a kid either.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
We'd always have put up a few bits at home as children and I do the same. Not anything like Christmas, but I'd have a pumpkin outside and some cobwebby and spidery bits to decorate the door for all the trick or treaters. There's a lot of children where we live so it's a bit of a competition for some people when it comes to decoration. Things have gotten more elaborate over the past few years.
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
We don't have kids and this is our first Halloween in our own home! :o)ll So not sure what people will do in the neighbourhood. There are a good few kids around so we'll probably get a good few trick or treaters. Might just carve a pumpkin and stick it in the window.