Menu

Halloween

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
Just wondering as I only did it last year for first time most people i know dont answer the door
dreamer Posts: 3941
We don't get callers! I was all stocked up last year and had to eat everything myself!!!!
Pearly Whites Posts: 707
hi i do. well our estate is new so this will be our second year. Last year there were only a few kids but i reckon this year will be different. i go to Lidl and buy jellies etc and bag them up beforehand.
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Why on earth wouldn't people answer the door? I know it's a bit of a pain in the a*s but it's only 1 night a year. When I was little, if people didn't answer the door, their house got egged :o0
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
[quote="mrs. blues":15uym1pj]Why on earth wouldn't people answer the door? I know it's a bit of a pain in the a*s but it's only 1 night a year. When I was little, if people didn't answer the door, their house got egged :o0[/quote:15uym1pj] A lot of elderly people or people living on their own dont answer their door at night time......I cant blame them.
ainm Posts: 2211
Nope, I can't even remember the last time kids even knocked on the door. We NEVER see any kids on Halloween night in our estate.
newkid30 Posts: 2233
I LOVE Halloween, always have!! Will definitely be opening the door, I adored trick or treating when I ws younger, and getting dressed up in fancy dress. We are having a fancy dress party for Halloween and I can't wait, just need to think of an outfit!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="dreamer":29b64s43]We don't get callers! I was all stocked up last year and had to eat everything myself!!!![/quote:29b64s43] Me too. :-8
gerbil Posts: 3528
I love Samhain/Hallow'een in all its guises and we always ahve a huge bowl of sweeties for the neighbourhood kids. Far from being pains in the ass they are great fun, the costumes are really well put together and they are very polite. Last year we had 12 kid about 9-11 on the doorstep all together and they queued up politely and every single one said thanks - lovely kids. Definitely in favour of everything Hallow-eeny O-O
NowGone Posts: 8042
I'm off to the ciname that night. I HATE Hallowe'en.