Hamper Baskets & Bathroom Baskets?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
So I need help. My friend has asked me to help her do up hampers for her bridesmaids and then a kind of pamper basket for the men's and women's toilet in the hotel...... Can any of you suggest items for the hampers, esp the bathroom ones. Where would I get the baskets / boxes for the hampers also? Thanks in advance :wv
craftyPB Posts: 2625
At Christmas time, Heaton had great baskets, with ribbon and cellophane for doing up hampers... For my bathroom baskets I've gotten: Mini perfumes/aftershave (free from pharmacies) Deodorant Combs/Brush Hair spray Clear Nail Varnish Plasters Paracetamol Sewing Kit Stain Remover Wipes Go go's Bobby Pins Chewing Gum Tissues (left over Tears of Joy pockets I made for the church) Safety Pins Lip Balm Tan/Natural Tights Nail File Thinking of getting shoe polish for the men's one too Dunnes, Penney's etc are great for the baskets. Saw lovely ones in Penney's yesterday
adelz Posts: 3088
Thank you so much, I am going to look in the likes of dealz or 2euro store for some of the items, also what are go go's???
Oh sorry... things you tie your hair up with.... everyone has different names for them!!
atina Posts: 2240
I got baskets in ikea for mine they were very cheap if I remember correctly
paws26 Posts: 132
Ruthiem that list is great i just saved it for when I get around to doing mine!thanks!:)thats funny about the go gos when I moved from tipp to Dublin no one knew what a go go was!:P
No problem! Haha, I actually call them ponytails, which really confuses people!
marialouise Posts: 212
Haha gogos are bobbles/hair ties! Have seen some as well with feminine hygiene products too me, but I think the above is a great list with about everything I've ever seen in one :)
poppingcandy Posts: 593
A friend of mine got married last month and she said not to put chewing gum in the bastket, put in some mints instead. She said she spent the next day picking about 20 pieces of gum off the end of her dress O:| You would like to think people would behave like animals and spit gum out on the floor at your wedding, but there is always someone / some people :action34
Baba2014 Posts: 131
I call them gogos too :o0 Just one thing - the hotel didn't allow me put Paracetamol or any painkillers in the baskets (probably in case someone overdosed on them).