Handy Tips........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

The PDQ Posts: 954
Ok, I've been told if you've dropped your mobile in water or spilled water on a lap top etc. if you cover it in rice the rice absorbs the water and the gadget then works again.......... So would anyone have one of these handy type tips for getting rid of the smell of cat pee??
23skidoo Posts: 1272
Get rid of the cat :o0 Only jokin I love my purry babies. Even though they seriously smell sometimes. Especially the littlest one, what's the deal with that? If you get beauticat litter (wood pellets) it doesn't smell as bad. Its Pine-y :o0
No you see the problem is one of them got locked in sitting room with no access to tray and peed on sofa. It's been washed loads of times now but you can still get the smell off it
signorina_matrimonio Posts: 1297
Did you try the usual suspects: vinegar, lemon juice, or baking soda?
23skidoo Posts: 1272
Ewwww ok no I can't solve that one. Tried Febreeze? When we moved into the house first our eldest cat was all discombobulated and pooped twice on the carpet in the sitting room. febreeze and H2B got that out :o0
[quote="signorina_matrimonio":28o0s62k]Did you try the usual suspects: vinegar, lemon juice, or baking soda?[/quote:28o0s62k] Oh haven't tried baking soda, will do that tonight! Tried the others and febreeze but it still lingers
signorina_matrimonio Posts: 1297
Excuse for a new sofa then >:o)
under construction Posts: 3458
This was all i could find How to clean the cat urine from your upholstery When it is not possible to remove the cover of your couch or chair upholstery, observe the following cleaning procedures to get the cat urine out: Dab stubborn stains with a soft, clean white cloth or absorbent paper towel. If solvents are required, avoid applying them directly onto the stain, and pour it onto a clean cloth. Clean the stain using a circular motion working from the outside inwards. After removing the stain, dry immediately with a hand held hairdryer using a cool setting. Take care to direct the air stream first towards the outside of the area working inwards. Always be careful to rub any stains gently and to use a brush with soft bristles.
Linda H Posts: 1151
Did you try Oust? (Think that is how its's spelt)
[quote="under construction":1vfk8abz]This was all i could find How to clean the cat urine from your upholstery When it is not possible to remove the cover of your couch or chair upholstery, observe the following cleaning procedures to get the cat urine out: Dab stubborn stains with a soft, clean white cloth or absorbent paper towel. If solvents are required, avoid applying them directly onto the stain, and pour it onto a clean cloth. Clean the stain using a circular motion working from the outside inwards. After removing the stain, dry immediately with a hand held hairdryer using a cool setting. Take care to direct the air stream first towards the outside of the area working inwards. Always be careful to rub any stains gently and to use a brush with soft bristles.[/quote:1vfk8abz] Thanks, I'll do this with the baking soda tonight! Couldn't dream of getting new sofa as we got it made to fit so was v expensive!