Menu

happy accidents

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Billie-jean Posts: 143
Hey just wonderin did anyone here becomce pregnant because of a happy accident? i.e missing pill, drunken fumble etc Not trying at all at mo, but after a few drinkies dtd last nite (u no how it is contraception goes out windoww, gd idea at time) Now i no i've no chance of beimg pg as just fin af on fri. So again just wonderin bout those happy accidents
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
im one of those drunken happy accidents!! I suppose we had gotten kind of lax since the second ring went on my finger last August. Got carried away on our wedding night and again in October when i really was so far from thinking about days of the month....they were right when they said it only takes one! I was totally shocked to be honest as really didnt think it would happen unless i was 'planning' it! So you never know, best of luck if you are trying xx
jen09 Posts: 1390
dd was a happy accident; I was on pill & we dtd and then I had stomach bug for 3 days; Was very shocked but what is meant for you won't pass you by & god only knows what could happen in the future. She's great & I'd not change her early arrival for anything.
jmeath Posts: 5740
Im another! My story is mad! I was on tablets (had a bad back) and was sck for 3 or 4 days and then we were dtd quite a bit and i stopped taking my pill coz i was so sick adn was like "sure its not working nayway" then i thought my "mini AF" was not an actual AF so i dint start taking it again and i found out last Mon that im pg. Not sure about dates though but thats how it happened. I was totally distraught and upset but its amazing how your mind adjusts even in 24hrs! Im excited now and h2b is soooooooooooooo excited!
justwaitin Posts: 2462
ds was happy accident, it was just one night were we through caution to the wind, i was off the pill at the time. its crazy how these things happen but he has so changed us both for the better.
hey gr8 to hear ur replies girls a friend of mine had a happy drunken accident like dat, at first she was shocked but now delighted. not tryin at moment gonna wait til married nxt yr, so will have to tighten up on de protection again :o0 if anyone has more stories wud love to hear x
delgirl Posts: 1706
my ds was a happy accident. We had been married a year - went away for a weekend abroad and hey presto found out on our wedding anniversary that I was pregnant - totally shocked and cried initially but soon sunk in. Ds is a year now and absolutely great - he was born on his daddy's bday.
coconut Posts: 2183
i am another one of the drunken happy accidents!! we were trying for awhile but we were doing each others heads in and then we decided we would wait as we were going on hols in jan and found out 4 days before hols that i was pregnant best belated xmas present ever!
I heard before that alot of people concieve due to one nite stands....lots of drunken fun there so! but maybe it goes to show that sometimes being really relaxed works he he he! >:o)