happy days!!!! €1000

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
:o)ll :o)ll I rang tax office for a p21 for last four years and I'm due just over €1000. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovindis Posts: 642
oh enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o( :o( :o( wonder would they give me some....
LadyMary Posts: 1050
Whats a p21?
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Speaking of €1,000, did you know about this: http://www.welfare.ie/publications/sw1.html
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
I heard about it but thought it was means tested. I must look into it properly. every little helps!! They are talking about taxing and or means testing childrens allowance and taking away the under 6 payment. I may be crawling back to work begging for my job back. Wouldn't be able to afford childcare though. DS would have to come to work and sit under the desk. A p21 is a balancing statement, whether you have over or under paid tax. You can claim it for the 4 previouos years but after the budget 2004 will no longer be available. I do know someone who rang up and owed a few hundred but the lady on the phone said not to worry about it!!!!
joer Posts: 1617
I asked about my P21 last year and turned out I owed them money :o(
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
[quote="joeyjay":2kt56oue]I asked about my P21 last year and turned out I owed them money :o([/quote:2kt56oue] Did they make you pay??
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
is it as simple as ringing with you PPS no and asking over the phone - do you need to fill in any forms?
mrstobe09 Posts: 875
You must be thrilled My sister got back over €800 - she was delighted she hadn't a clue about the P21 at all until i mentioned it to her. She had been out of work for a few months due to an accident she got over €650 for that year alone. But I also know of one person whom owed money - but it wasn't much
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
You ring habe to do that stupid perfect pronounciation of number and listen to the list, pick non of these and you get put through to the person ask them and they will do it there and then. If you have changed jobs or not worked for a month or two or think your employers are thick when it comes to tax it's worth doing.