Harveys point

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tempranillo Posts: 36
Hiya all In my quest for a non hotelly hotel that can cater for 260 is and hold a civil ceremony and preform miracles, Harveys point has been suggested. It gets brilliant reviews - what do ye think? We are going to go have a look anyway- is there anywhere up Donegal Sligo direction I should be looking at too? Confused as always!
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Having holidayed at Harvey's Point I can only imagine what a fabulous wedding venue it would make! It's stunning, book it! They can do civil ceremonies on a pier reaching out into the lake if the weather permits, it's so beautiful. Accommodation shouldn't be an issue with the Solis Lough Eske hotel just down the road. The food, the bedrooms, the setting and the service is all WOW. The only issue I had with Harvey's Point is they do not have a spa facility. You can use Solis hotel spa if you wanted a spa treatment though, and it's not that important in terms of a wedding. Donegal town is a few minutes drive away, very handy.
Thats brilliant to hear! Im worrying Ill never find somewhere Im happy with!
Brendan Galvin Films Posts: 15
Hi. From someone who films weddings, Harveys Point is absolutely class... The last wedding that I was covering there, they had the starters and deserts buffet style and Oh MY GOD it was absolutely class... lovely staff, and not squashed for that number of people too. Also, Lough Rynn down the road from Sligo is really fantastic. It was good enough for Brain O Driscoll ha ha..
Brendan thanks. Any other spots you liked the look of?
Brendan Galvin Films Posts: 15
Yes Kilronan is fab too. Breaffy House hotel in Mayo is also lovely. Now I judge it on the staff and the way they present the day. So many Hotels are just "get them in get them out" kinda places... You need staff who love their job ha ha. They are the only Hotels in that area that I would stand over, but I wouldnt know a large amount of places in that neck of the woods :) I'll be in Mulraney Hotel in a few weeks in Mayo... I also was involved in the running of a function in the Radisson in Sligo and they really put on a good show for us But I havent worked at a wedding there... :) Lough Rynn gets my number 1 from being a guest, running functions there and from filming a few weddings there...
Thank you so much Brendan