Has any of you watched a birth video??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Woodstock Posts: 1565
In preparation of what's to come?? I come across them all the time but haven't had the guts to watch any of them yet! :-8
StayShiny Posts: 1078
:o0 not in preparation just sort of happened ... it was on TV and my DH screamed louder than the woman in labour :o0
redwifey Posts: 2932
No don't think I would like to - ignorance is bliss. We came across it one night on TV - home labour sort of job - scared me not to mind my hubby :o0
Indiana Posts: 204
We were shown one the other day at our ante-natal class in the Rotunda....
justwaitin Posts: 2462
i saw a couple of births when i was training to become a nurse was only 19 at the time and i bawled at all 3, when i was pg with ds i was addicted to looking at the picture stories in pg mags.
Milliford Posts: 281
I hav e to say I've watched a few on youtube.ie. Here's one for ya [url:uwbu44ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSQa4nLTyXI&feature=related[/url:uwbu44ho]
Mammypig Posts: 832
I had seen one before having dd and was petrified but have to say its a totally different story when your in there yourself and remember all births are very different
mcglick Posts: 463
i voted no as my sister said to me recently on the topic "Sure your not going to be able to see the mess your f*anny is going to be in when your giving birth yourself, so why would you look at someone elses " :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
McMummy Posts: 1041
McGlick wrote: [quote:5is1qmzz]i voted no as my sister said to me recently on the topic "Sure your not going to be able to see the mess your f*anny is going to be in when your giving birth yourself, so why would you look at someone elses " [/quote:5is1qmzz] Exactly you're not going to see it from that position so why put yourself through it. I had seen a few before becoming pregnant but had no desire to watch one when I was. Every birth is different so it won't really prepare you. One thing DH keeps telling people is it's nothing like you see on TV
doolittle Posts: 910
Hi Ive watched a few hypnobirthing videos on Youtube and found them great. Just shows childbirth doesnt have to be all screaming even you see on TV...