has anybody else ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

junebaby Posts: 10
This is my first post on this site but I have been reading it ever since I was planning my wedding and always found it really helpful. I found out last week that I am pregnant - now five weeks ,am delighted but for the past few days have been having pain in my right side just a naggin pain not very sore. I also had a tiny bit of bleeding but this has stopped . i went to hospital and they did a scan but can't see anything as it is too early. They told me to come back later in the week and they will monitor my hormone levels. I am really worried now and was wondering has anybody else ever had the same thing - would really appreciate some advice.
missc Posts: 875
Congratulations on your pregnancy. :o)ll Im sure all is well. I think most women get the pain in their side, i have also heard that a pain in your side could mean twins!! It came true to a girl i knew.!! As for the bleeding, i know its hard not to worry but a lot of the time, it doesnt mean mc or anything bad. I had a one off bleed at 11 wks, it was very light and never came back again. Im sure the other girls can give you more info, but the best thing to do it try not to worry, cos that could make things worse. Hope all goes well :lvs
dovedro Posts: 1295
[quote="bananafish":2hp694h1]This is my first post on this site but I have been reading it ever since I was planning my wedding and always found it really helpful. I found out last week that I am pregnant - now five weeks ,am delighted but for the past few days have been having pain in my right side just a naggin pain not very sore. I also had a tiny bit of bleeding but this has stopped . i went to hospital and they did a scan but can't see anything as it is too early. They told me to come back later in the week and they will monitor my hormone levels. I am really worried now and was wondering has anybody else ever had the same thing - would really appreciate some advice.[/quote:2hp694h1] Hi bananafish Congrats on your pregnancy :o)ll Try not to worry too much, I had those pains and I still do get them. It's just everthing stretching in there getting ready for the baby I also had spotting for the first week and it was just implantation bleeding. As long as your not in severe pain then you shouldn't have to worry Just take is easy and look after yourself for the next week. Best of luck with the next 9 months :thnk
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Don't panic, its probably perfectly fine. So many of us have had spotting or light bleeding i(including myself) in the earlys tages and it turned out to be fine. And the aches and pains seem to be par for the course, with all the stretching etc that goes on at the beginning. At least the hospitatl is going to keep an eye on it for you, hope everything works out ok.