Has Anybody Ever Done One

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridetobe2011 Posts: 154
Hi Ya Im doing a parachute jump in the next couple of weeks and OMG im terrified. The only reason im doing it is because its for a very good cause. I can barely climb the stairs to the attic without the fear in my eyes so you can just imagine the fear climbing into an aircraft to jump 10,000 feet. Has anyone ever done one and what did you think
gottabfp Posts: 5641
fair play to you, never done one bubt just wanted to say fair play!
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
don't worry bride2be2011 you will LOVE it!!! Honestly.. the first 3 seconds once you jump out of the plane is petrifying (and don't worry cos you'll be in a tandem so all you have to worry about is enjoying it!) but there is someone else in charge so relax! Once you upright yourself and open the chute, time goes far to quick.. your heart will be racing but you will love it I've done 2 skydives.. as soon as I touched down from the 1st, I booked my 2nd one straight away *) I've done 2 bungees, and wouldn't be too keen on another one.. glad to have done it, but very very frightening.. whereas parachute is brilliant fun enjoy :wv
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Fair play to you!! I used to be mad to do one when I was 18 but never did. Kinda sorry coz I would have to be knocked out to do one now :o0 Was so much braver when I was a young wan :o0 My friend did one when we were in Australia and she really enjoyed it and the video was cool! Where are you doing it?
mags s Posts: 591
good on you.....my dh did one a few yrs ago...i got him a pressie of it for his birthday...he loved the freefall bit. enjoy.
Baby on board Posts: 136
I have done two and I love love love them cant wait to do one again!
keepitsimple Posts: 966
i'm jealous, did one before and LOVED IT! The worst part is going up in the plane and about to jump but once you are out of the plane it's great fun. You'll be on a high for days! Good luck!! :o)ll
Elban26 Posts: 2458
I did one last year, for the National Council for the Blind, had always wanted to do one, it was class but over way too quick!!! Enjoy every second and if you can get the dvd, it's cool to look back on, even if it is a little expensive I think it was worth it, I'll be showing it to the grandkids in years to come!!!! Would definately do another one! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
forsure Posts: 282
I did one in June 2007 and LOVED it - go for it - you've nothing to be afraid of - its one of the safest sports around believe it or not!!
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
God no but fair play to you for doing one. Have a terrible fear of heights and thought I could over come it by doing a bungee jump in Austrailia a few years ago. However when i got to the top I just could not do it. My little sis did paragliding when we in Turkey this year and she loved it but got sick on the way down tee hee. Don't think the instructer was impressed. Best of luck. X