Has anybody used the new pool in the Coombe for labour?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busbybabe Posts: 562
Just wondering if anybody has used the new pool in The Coombe yet? If you did how did you find it? How long did you use it for and did you have to wait long to use it? Thanks in advance O-O
gopro Posts: 1801
I didn't use it but was in that labour room the size of the bath is unreal. I'd say it takes a while to fill so def ask straight away if the room available
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
Sorry I'm no help but what a brilliant facility. I wonder if the one in the Rotunda opened up again?
craftyPB Posts: 2625
It's been removed and a bed is in instead, they're moving backwards, it's sad really! :(
gopro Posts: 1801
the pool in the Coombe was there in Nov 13
missh2011 Posts: 104
I heard that since it opened (a year ago?) it's been used on average once a week! But now it's been officially opened and there's been lots of hoopla, I guess it might be an option for more people!
Busbybabe Posts: 562
[quote="ruthiem":133n163o]It's been removed and a bed is in instead, they're moving backwards, it's sad really! :([/quote:133n163o] When did you get this info? I was told as recently as 3 weeks ago by a midwife the pool was available for use unless they need to make extra room for M.C patients! Surely somebody has got to use it over the last few months! [quote="missh2011":133n163o]I heard that since it opened (a year ago?) it's been used on average once a week! But now it's been officially opened and there's been lots of hoopla, I guess it might be an option for more people![/quote:133n163o] I thought it would be in very high demand! Hoping to use it if all goes well!
dea aveta Posts: 254
I was on a tour of the coombe labour ward and we couldn't see it as it was in use! I think maybe the previous poster doesn't know that the new delivery ward was opened about a month ago of which the pool is the pride and place. Although you can't deliver in it, you can use it up to that point. The Midwife who gave the tour said it was proving very popular and that if you have any intention of using it to specify as soon as you come in. HTH