has anyone a finnstown house report?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Long Legs Lizzy Posts: 233
hi Everyone, I'm getting married in Finnstown house next January just wondering if anyone got married there and had any reports on how the day went? Hopefully all good Lizzy
asia Posts: 51
Hi, I went to Finnstown last night cause i wanted to check out Blacktye the band and it looked to be a great venue, friendly staff, lovely grounds the room itself is lovely. Hope that helps.......
aoifem79 Posts: 475
Sorry its a few days late. BM's brother had reception there last March and they can't stop raving about it from staff to food. I have been there for dinner and I think its great. Best of luck :o)ll
mrs.july Posts: 3167
Hi am getting married there too and would really appreciate feedback and supplier recommendations etc. Thanks :wv
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
i'm also getting married there but i don't think there is any reports on here. It's mostly good feedback though from people who were at weddings there. the food is devine and the service is supposed to be top notch.
Going there tommorow for the weekend so can't wait to taste the food!!!
[quote="tigger22":2f9woy7g]Going there tommorow for the weekend so can't wait to taste the food!!![/quote:2f9woy7g] have a great weekend! report back on food / rooms / service if you get a chance!!
will do-off i go now-Happy Easter-enjoy the sun :wv
Back from Finnstown and cannot wait for my wedding :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll The food was fantastic and excellent service too. Our room was the ex-Bridal Suite so was quite big-not as big as the Bridal suite now though.Had Sunday lunch in the reception room and looks much bigger than I remembered-lots of space to dance! Mansfield had started some work though-we spotted somebody (maybe his son?) on Saturday in his giant 07 Rolls Royce, pointing at this and that-probably to upgrade? They are still planting trees along the avenue but they look great. They are also doing something beside carpark-not really sure but h2b thinks it might be another carpark?? Staff didn't know anything about it, but they reckoned that the reception room is only recent so probably won't do anything to that.
[quote="tigger22":m7fo9ub3]Back from Finnstown and cannot wait for my wedding :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll The food was fantastic and excellent service too. Our room was the ex-Bridal Suite so was quite big-not as big as the Bridal suite now though.Had Sunday lunch in the reception room and looks much bigger than I remembered-lots of space to dance! Mansfield had started some work though-we spotted somebody (maybe his son?) on Saturday in his giant 07 Rolls Royce, pointing at this and that-probably to upgrade? They are still planting trees along the avenue but they look great. They are also doing something beside carpark-not really sure but h2b thinks it might be another carpark?? Staff didn't know anything about it, but they reckoned that the reception room is only recent so probably won't do anything to that.[/quote:m7fo9ub3] hey tigger22, glad to had a good time. I'm going up tomorrow to have a nose around. I heard they were going to make the bar in the reception room bigger and they had already knocked down a wall or something like that. That's why I'm going up tomorrow to investigate!! Great to hear the service and food was good, don't think we have anything to be worrying about!