Has anyone been engaged before?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
just thinking if has anyone been engaged before i was when i was 23 met a guy and 5 weeks later we were engaged
pluse Posts: 980
ye i was it was a nightmare from moment ring went on,i was 19 a bit to young to start of with. :-8
NotHere Posts: 10273
Really PB? :ooh Did it last for long? Anyway to answer your question, I wasn't but DH was. He was very young at the time though.
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
Not me but H2B was.... O:o)
[quote="Moo 2":21bsxbm5]Were nt you very bold? :o0 How did your ma and da feel about you being engaged after 5 weeks? Did they hit the roof? Ive been boring. This is my first and last.[/quote:21bsxbm5] :o0 well we grew up hearing how they got engaged after 7 weeks but i told them and they were like oh that was different :o0 it lasted 10 months
Country-Girl Posts: 683
Hi Peaseblossom, I was engaged before when i was 19. Was going out with him for nearly 3 years and didn't notice his agressive behaviour they say love was blind. I split up with him when he thumped my dog in the face, that was the last time. We had no date set so thank God. My parents hated him. Then I did work experience in a Hardware store in Milford and meet the love of my life! Trevor :lvs . We are together 6 years now and married over 2. I couldn't ask for a better man.
:eek :ooh thats awful at least you are out of it now what happened to the poor dog?
Country-Girl Posts: 683
[quote="Moo 2":9nbgtmqj]He thumped your dog!!! The ba"*'rd.[/quote:9nbgtmqj] I loved my dog to bits and when he thumped him, I saw his true colours. I had a German Shepard and all he did was yelp when he thumped him in the mouth. Never spoke to him again and my dog went missing!! Never found out what happened to it.
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
[quote="creative Invites":30hao4zr]Hi Peaseblossom, I was engaged before when i was 19. Was going out with him for nearly 3 years and didn't notice his agressive behaviour they say love was blind. I split up with him when [b:30hao4zr]he thumped my dog in the face[/b:30hao4zr], that was the last time. We had no date set so thank God. My parents hated him. Then I did work experience in a Hardware store in Milford and meet the love of my life! Trevor :lvs . We are together 6 years now and married over 2. I couldn't ask for a better man.[/quote:30hao4zr] What a fcuker!!! >:o(
[quote="creative Invites":2laaegiw][quote="Moo 2":2laaegiw]He thumped your dog!!! The ba"*'rd.[/quote:2laaegiw] I loved my dog to bits and when he thumped him, I saw his true colours. I had a German Shepard and all he did was yelp when he thumped him in the mouth. Never spoke to him again and my dog went missing!! Never found out what happened to it.[/quote:2laaegiw] :eek :eek :ooh Crikey sounds like a complete psycho you are so lucky to get outta that one