Has anyone been traditional .....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
with their wedding anniversary presents? Our first anniversary is next week and I want to stick to the traditional ones so the first one will be paper. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.
lolabelle Posts: 3311
We did. We gave each other cards to symbolise the paper. :o0
streaks Posts: 3592
I've been thinking about this, we'll be way for ours but I might get Dh tickets to see amshow and a night away when we get back or book flights for a short break away and print off the tickets! :o)ll
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I'm not quite at the anniversary stage yet :o0 but this time next year I'll be thinking about this. I'll definitely be sticking with the paper thing. Like the ideas of tickets. The other thing I might do is have the words of our first dance song done out in calligraphy and frame it.
Daff Posts: 11644
our second one is tomorrow and it's cotton. He got a crate of heniken :o0 we're so broke and tbh with a one year old and 6 months pregnant I just didn't have the energy to go shopping :-8 but was his birthday last week too and he got presents then and I baked him a cake so he's not too hard done by!
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Wow, lilmissgiggles, you really are spoiling him. We get big presents for birthdays so have decided not to go OTT on the anniversary. We flying out to Spain that morning anyway and have a villa to ourselves for a week so cannot really afford to go crazy. I got him a book about the history of Liverpool football club in town today. That will have to do it for this year.
streaks Posts: 3592
Well if I'm being honest I usually tend to get him presents I benefit from aswell :-8 :o0 :o)ll
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
i got my DH a book on irish rugby for our 1st anniversary (to symbolise the paper) we went for the usual din din then also, and had the champers! :o0
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Hell no!! I don't go in for all that. First year I got an eternity ring. This year we're heading off to Berlin and DH has a little something extra for me. I wouldn't really be impressed if all I got was paper :o0 :o0