Has anyone ever painted a bed????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
We are in the process of doing our bedroom up and rather than get a new bed (as I LOVE the shape of ours) im thinking of getting ours painted and im just wondering if any of you have done this???? Thanks, Mrs S.
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I painted my built in bed which was made from MDF, when I was younger. Its hard work, and if you like attention to detail be prepared, especially if there are any rounded bits on it. Have lots of sand paper to hand! It should look nice though to brighten up your room. I used to watch all the room improvement things, and went through a mad phase of lemon and light blue theme in my room. I think my bed was a creamy/lemon colour and there was a grove that I painstakingly painted blue with a little child's size paint brush. Was nice in the end IMO :o0
lmao, I can just imagine your room, sounds lovely :o0 :o0 , Our bed is a fab cherry colour, but I cant get anything to match it anymore and we have painters coming in on Friday so im thinking of asking them about doing it as I wouldnt dare chance my arm doing it ourselves :o0 :o0
CestMoi Posts: 2162
:o0 I was some designer in them days I tell ya! Move over Laurence Llewelyn Bowen !! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Go for it and show us some pics! Don't come to me if it fecks up tho :o0
[quote="CestMoi":3r5vre9p]:o0 I was some designer in them days I tell ya! Move over Laurence Llewelyn Bowen !! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Go for it and show us some pics! Don't come to me if it fecks up tho :o0[/quote:3r5vre9p] Still trying to get DH to agree to it first O:| O:| , will let you know if I get over the 1st hurdle :o0 :o0
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
We had a pine bed that we painted off white last year. The bed was in a fairly good condition so didn't have to do much sanding but you do need to have a bit of patience. The end job can turn out really well though.
thanks for that Cait, think we are gonna go ahead and get it done, I really love our bed and it cost us a fortune but cherry wood is just a little dated now and ive seen some ivory lockers and chest or drawers I want to I think i'll take a change on doing it, painters have told me its no problem and they'll do it for us, sooooo wouldnt trust ourselves :o0 :o0