Has anyone flown with EasyJet recently?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Hi ladies, I'm usually a Ryanair girl, but flying with EasyJet this weekend - my first time :o0 Just wondering about their strictness with hand luggage? I know on Ryanair it's one item only, on penalty of DEATH (or similar). And EasyJet state the same on their website. But Aer Lingus and Air France, despite stating you are only allowed one item, usually let you off with a handbag in addition to your tiny wheely bag. Any idea if EasyJet are similarly easygoing? Or are they like Ryanair? Thanking you! :thnk
Sprocket Posts: 1671
Easy jet aren't as strict as Ryanair, but sometimes they can be a bit of a pain. Better to play it safe if you can. However, with Easyjet, they have no weight restriction on your hand baggage like Ryanair. HTH :thnk
Diamondz Posts: 2208
As Mrs P says they are definitely not as strict, but it can all be down to the staff on the day. I have gotten away with a separate handbag and my laptop bag on loads of occasions, but on one I was told I had to fit the handbag into the laptop bag until I was onboard the flight - so for a whole 3 minutes :o0 It was fine as I happened to have a small bag that day. I have been on flights when people have boarded with two bags and a further one or two shopping bags!!
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Thanks Diamondz and Mrs P! :thnk I think I'll chance a handbag in addition to my wheely bag, but I'll make sure not to bring a giant handbag, and to have a spot in the suitcase for it just in case.