has anyone gotten their E-Ring dipped in gold/platinum?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
Basically.. the first E-Ring hubby got for me i LOVE but because it wasnt diamonds he replaced it when he could afford to.... (his choice not mine) now my second ring and my wedding ring are gold.. the first e-ring was silver...i want to get it dipped in gold so that i can wear it on special occasions and it'll match my wedding ring.. anyone gotten this done/can anyone tell me where i could try? x
WonderWol Posts: 2927
Yeah I had a gold ring dipped before, I never wore gold mostly silver so I had it dipped and it turned out lovely ... try Patrick Glynn's on Middle Abbey Street (only problem is he's Mon-Fri, 9-5) or any jewellry (sp) manufacturer should be able to do it for you ......
ooo did you have it changed to silver then? do you mind me askin approx how much it cost and how long it took? x
WonderWol Posts: 2927
God it was years ago but it wasn't expensive at all and only took a few days .... it's like having a white gold ring re dipped I think .......
ainm Posts: 2211
Should cost no more than €25 RnR and should take about 1 week depending on where you leave it.
ooooo coola booola cheers ladies! xx
newkid30 Posts: 2233
I am getting my engagement ring and wedding ring dipped - I got a quotation from Fields jewwellers for €20 each, and it takes 2 weeks. I HATE the thought of having no rings for 2 weeks though, I always feel naked when I forget to put my rings on.
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
[quote:313cgqgp]newkid30 PostPosted: 04 Sep 2007 15:17 Post subject: I am getting my engagement ring and wedding ring dipped - I got a quotation from Fields jewwellers for €20 each, and it takes 2 weeks. I HATE the thought of having no rings for 2 weeks though, I always feel naked when I forget to put my rings on.[/quote:313cgqgp] why not wear your most fav costume jewellery on that finger while its getting done , excuse to buy the biggest diamond and pretend its real :o0 I have an emerald ring hubbie bought on honeymoon but i wanted to get the band thickened, must check out the places u recommended and price it too
ainm Posts: 2211
[quote="newkid30":3ekslf5y]I am getting my engagement ring and wedding ring dipped - I got a quotation from Fields jewwellers for €20 each, and it takes 2 weeks. I HATE the thought of having no rings for 2 weeks though, I always feel naked when I forget to put my rings on.[/quote:3ekslf5y] It SHOULD be quicker if you go to fields on henry street. Tell them you need it within the week and they should do it.