Has anyone opted for an elective c section... - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

spanish mum Posts: 2468
Thanks for all the interesting replies girls. I am back at hospital on 27 may for 37/38 week appt so after seeing how many of you have gone home after a few nights, will definitely ask them the possibility of me baing able to do this too! :thnk
lolly77 Posts: 851
hello, l had an emergency section last week. I was being induced early but baby wasnt coming down so the choice was made to go with section. I wasnt really happy about it at the time as I didnt want to go tru the recovery after. The section was fine I have nothing to compare it to but Im finding the recovery hard. Im very tender still and find it hard to do stuff. has anyone any tips on recovery. did any of you use these belts? are they any good? my bp is up and lm getting headakes so not feeling the best. think l would have liked to go natural but it was out of my hands.
Gnomie Posts: 676
Hi Lolly, I had an emergency section at the end of January. My BP was also up and I felt AWFUL with it. I ended up back in the Coombe on a Sat night coz I had been taken off medication too early. Honestly, get that sorted. Go to the hosp, GP asap. I also ended up making an appointment with my consultant after that again. Until that was sorted I felf terrible. I didnt have too much pain with the section so I'm not much help on that one. I definitely kept taking the pain killers though as I needed them which helped a lot.... Edited to say: I hadnt reaslised that once you have a section, you cannot be induced in future pregnancies. Therefore, it looks like I'll be having sections for any future babies!!! DS was 8lb, 13 oz at 37+2 (had been told I'd be induced at 38 weeks because of babies size. Ended up being induced at 37+1 for pre-eclampsia and ES for foetal distress).
lolly77 Posts: 851
[quote="Gnomie":3cn558xv]Hi Lolly, I had an emergency section at the end of January. My BP was also up and I felt AWFUL with it. I ended up back in the Coombe on a Sat night coz I had been taken off medication too early. Honestly, get that sorted. Go to the hosp, GP asap. I also ended up making an appointment with my consultant after that again. Until that was sorted I felf terrible. I didnt have too much pain with the section so I'm not much help on that one. I definitely kept taking the pain killers though as I needed them which helped a lot.... Edited to say: I hadnt reaslised that once you have a section, you cannot be induced in future pregnancies. Therefore, it looks like I'll be having sections for any future babies!!! DS was 8lb, 13 oz at 37+2 (had been told I'd be induced at 38 weeks because of babies size. Ended up being induced at 37+1 for pre-eclampsia and ES for foetal distress).[/quote:3cn558xv] I didnt kn this either. Will have few questions for my doc this week. Thanks for d advice.will be gettin checked out asap.