Has anyone seen our Jack

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sun flowers Posts: 3421
strange in all as it seems but my brother rescued a jack daw (smaller than a crow) that had been abdandoned by its mother and he has reared it for the past two months and he has been flying around the place and coming back and today he flew away and hasnt been seen since. We knew this would be inevitable but were all worried sick.... we have a video of him and were not to sure how to post it on youtube to let people see him... he's black with an black beak.... and before anyone slates this post this is 100% genuine.... when I found out how to post it on youtube you'll see.... EDITED TO SAY ITS ACTUALLY A BLACK BEAK :eek
bump bump bump
islandfun Posts: 3054
[img:14kvunos]http://www.arm.ac.uk/~mdp/20051027-AO-fauna/slides/blackbird-male1b.jpg[/img:14kvunos] is this him?? sorry girl but I took that photo down in Cork yesterday, Jack is gone..he told me to say thanks for everything but he was getting a bit bored and wanted some adventure..
he only went missing yesterday......... theres no way our jack would have got to cork in a day...... he's only a baby so he's smaller than that... someone was saying that they can go off for a few days but they come back... the kids are devastated they were in the back garden last night crying looking up into the sky calling his name..... :o(
Actually, he got the train..ye'd been spoiling him and got him used to the good life. I used the zoom lense so he looks bigger.
[quote:6onjd6jr]the kids are devastated they were in the back garden last night crying looking up into the sky calling his name..... [/quote:6onjd6jr] awwww..poor little guys. It was probably time for jack to fly the nest. Plus he was more than likely annoyed that you guys were calling him a jack daw when he was a blackbird.
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
I thought that was a blackbird too :wv
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
oh my god... i bet madgies husbamd can identify it for you... she had a mad crow thing flying round her house yesterday! x
clucky Posts: 26471
so did Little Miss Silly
[quote="islandfun":2xwixjub][quote:2xwixjub]the kids are devastated they were in the back garden last night crying looking up into the sky calling his name..... [/quote:2xwixjub] awwww..poor little guys. It was probably time for jack to fly the nest. Plus he was more than likely annoyed that you guys were calling him a jack daw when he was a blackbird.[/quote:2xwixjub] ewww whatever!