has anyone stayed in either of these hotels in paris?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
we're looking for something with a totally wacky french decor and these two seem to be the best ones in terms of price and locations.. anyone stayed in either of them? or recommend any? http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/louvre- ... 2007-11-06 I :lvs the decor in this second one...only downside being the location is monte marte which isnt a problem at all...totally up for that but when compared to the other one which is VERY central.. near the louvre etc..i cant decide.. http://www.parisby.com/royale/index.html prices are almost identical.. x
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
ok...if no-one has stayed in them.. would ye have a look at both and tell me which you'd prefer? cheersssssssssssssssss.. x
Delish Posts: 4176
Havn't been to either but second one looks the buiz, that's the one I'ld go for
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
sorry we stayed in L'ideal hotel so i wouldnt know about those two
daboy Posts: 229
I stayed in the Duminy Vendome around the corner from the first hotel there and I can indeed say that the location is pretty spot on, at the Louvre you are right at the bottom of the champs Elysees. On a previous visit I stayed up near the Mont matre, but that was with a group of lads and we were only paying 30 euro a head incl breakfast. For our purposes that area was fine (kebab shop across the road if you catch my drift!!) but if I was bringin the woman i'd be defo planning to go to about the Louvre area, so long as there was deals to be had!! That said, I am heading to paris in a month and am staying at an Etap hotel just on the fringes of the centre itself but still on the Metro and they do great deals of about 50 euro per room per night!! It wouldnt be a hotel for a romantic anniversary or that, but its functional and the money saved can finance my food and drink for the weekend!! EDIT: isnt the ritz hotel round the corner from the Louvre there also, from where princess diana set out from before getting killed??
clucky Posts: 26471
pick whichever one would go best with your beret
pluto Posts: 3893
Haven't stayed in either, but I LOVE the second one. Plus I really like the Montmartre/Sacre Couer area. We've stayed in the St Germain area twice, but if I was going back I'd stay in Montmartre. I'd go for the 2nd one anyway!!
sevi Posts: 408
I would definitely choose the second one. How many nights are you going for? If ye're not going to be spending much time in the hotel and will be out sightseeing most of the time then the first one would possibly be better but I love the look of the second place. It just looks cool and a bit different, I'm sure it's still easy enough to get everywhere from there and it really looks like it has "character" for want of a better word.
pluto Posts: 3893
No matter where you stay in Paris, it's going to be easy to get to any other part of the city. Plus there are meant to be some great restaurants in the Montmartre area, which would mean ye could stay around there in the evenings. Plus it's near the red light district >:o)
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
oh second one , purely for bathrooms , lil fetish of mine !!! drooooooooooooooooooooll [img:1gmjsj5x]http://www.parisby.com/royale/gallery/royale_31.jpg[/img:1gmjsj5x]