hav u ever stopped being friends?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Well girls, I need your good advice again!! I have two friends lets call them Betty and Olive. Betty and Olive have been friends for a good few years now (maybe 10). Betty and Olive had a falling out about 4/5 months ago. I remained friends with both. The fall out was over something fairly silly in the end but Olive just felt Betty was not a good friend over the last few years and this one little thing had tipped her over the edge and she decided to leave Betty out of her life from now on. Fast forward to christmas time and Betty and Olive have not been friends for a few months at this stage. Betty did text Olive a few times but Olive just ignored the texts and told me she did not want anything to do with Betty any more. I thought fair enough. So at christmas time Olive tells me that she is pregnant and then she suffers a loss of the pregnancy. So I am there for Olive as a good friend, Olive asks me to not tell anyone so of course I dont, then a few weeks after the loss of the pregnancy (alot of people know as it was after 3 months she lost it) I said to Olive, Betty is sure to find out and maybe I should let her know the next time i see her, Olive said ya thats fine. Betty was away on holidays for a week then. So I had not seen Betty for the next week or so and then she rang me, we were chatting away grand and I was arranging for us to meet up (when I hoped to tell her about Olive) any way the next thing she is telling me she heard about Olive and how come I didnt tell her, she was fairly annoyed. I tried to explain that it was not my place to tell anyone and as her and Olive had fell out I felt like I did not want to get in the middle. Betty has not got in touch with me since and I refuse to take the blame for this whole sorry mess, me betty and another few girls usually go out for a coffee once a month or so and I know they have and betty has not asked me. So I know she is annoyed big time. Plus she knows me and olive are great friends and this annoys her. It has been 6 weeks now since the phone call, do you all think i should make the first move and ring her, or stand me ground and refuse to take the blame for any of this! I just feel I dont need this stress, and to be honest Betty is not the best friend in the world anyway, its like me me me me me with her all the time. Very draining. Fair play to ya if your still reading :o0
paperclips Posts: 3146
Poor Olive :action32 They're are plenty of women like Betty in this world. All about them and if its not your no good to her. I think you should give Betty a call, just to see where you stand. At least you'll know one way or the other. If she casts you aside like she has done to Olive, will then you can see a very clear pattern forming about the type of person she is I hate falling out with anyone, but if thats the way she treats friends then your better off without her Give her one more chance by making that call and you'll know how things are after that Good luck!
moanna Posts: 1081
I think you and Olive should stick together and forget about Betty. She sounds like a drama queen and very selfish. Some friends you just out grow. i find at this stage of my life (33) I know the friends who are good for me and bad for me and I have slowly distanced myself from the bad one.s (bad I mean selfish, all about them, catty) and I have made a special effort with my real friends.
bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
[quote="bali":1vy4qilj]I think you and Olive should stick together and forget about Betty. She sounds like a drama queen and very selfish. Some friends you just out grow. i find at this stage of my life (33) I know the friends who are good for me and bad for me and I have slowly distanced myself from the bad one.s (bad I mean selfish, all about them, catty) and I have made a special effort with my real friends.[/quote:1vy4qilj] +1 totally agree with this, i have only recently realised who my true friends are, a bunch of my so-called friends are extremely jealous, catty, self centred people that constantly b*tch- and then they wonder why they are all single! I dont have time for all that drama in my life! There seems to be a trend emerging with Betty-- she soon will have no friends left!
[quote="bali":3g6mofd8]I think you and Olive should stick together and forget about Betty. She sounds like a drama queen and very selfish. Some friends you just out grow. i find at this stage of my life (33) I know the friends who are good for me and bad for me and I have slowly distanced myself from the bad one.s (bad I mean selfish, all about them, catty) and I have made a special effort with my real friends.[/quote:3g6mofd8] You hit the nail on the head there, a total drama queen, I think if betty had always been a good friend to me I would be heart broken that she is not talking to me, but she had not been a great friend so I am not overly bothered. Betty did tell another friend of ours that I am the one not talking to her :eek I just dont know what she is at, she makes it very hard to stay her friend.
getwed Posts: 39
i would not text her or ring her - your not at fault here - how would she feel if it was the other way around if she was pregnant - would she liked you to go and tell olive?? she obviously is not a friend but a bully!! you are well off without her. believe me i have experience !! :xox
[quote="bubblybride2010":ufz5lmsi][quote="bali":ufz5lmsi]There seems to be a trend emerging with Betty-- she soon will have no friends left![/quote:ufz5lmsi][/quote:ufz5lmsi] totally, i am the forth person in our group that she has fallen out with now.
getwed Posts: 39
bubblybride you hit the nail on the head -- so true!!!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Let her off! Sounds like she was only looking for an excuse to stop being friends with you.
theoracle Posts: 7664
I honestly do not unedrstand what her problem is....you didn't tell her about Olive - so what? Why should you have? What business is it of hers anayway? Jesus, how selfish do you have to be, someone from your circle is going through a very difficult time, but you are annoyed because you were not told about it though the person who it happened to you have purposely cut out of your life??! Weirdo!