Have I left it too late?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

riogan Posts: 240
Getting married in 24 weeks and having a major crisis. Would like (very optimistic here) to lose 2 stone hopefully by then. I am in weight watchers but have fallen off the wagon of late. Just wondering is it possible or have I left it too late. Any encouragement greatly appreciated otherwise may need to sew my mouth shut to stop eating!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
It's never too late. At least now you can admit that you have gone wrong. I would stick with weight watchers. I lost 5 pounds with them and then gained 6!!!! Then I tried and tried again and I finally lost the stone that I wanted gone. My advice would be as soon as you get home in the evenings, go for that half hour walk. Walk for 15 minutes and then turn and come back. Stick to your points as best you can and try to save them up during the week for something special at the weekend. I know it's hard but I felt like you once and now I feel great!
Thanks a mil I think all i need is the encouragement to do it. Lost three stone before with them but put it all back on and then some just have to get motivated! Thanks again any encouragement is great
rathkenny Posts: 936
It's not too late at all Shkyler. 1 pound a week & you're there. At least I hope it's not too late coz I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm getting married in 26 weeks & would like to lose about 24 lbs. I'm an eternal WW member & like Goldenbride I've had my good times & bad! I completely agree with GB, I'd definitely do exercise as soon as you get home from work. If you're anything like me, once you sit down you won't be getting back up!! I always did the walking to lose the pounds but this time last year I hit the gym for 1 hour 3 times a week & I couldn't believe the results. The weight fell off me (I lost about 1.5 stone in 3 months) & it really toned me up. Of course then work went mad & I'm now back to where I started this time last year. O:| O:| Anyway, don't despair. You've loads of time but you just need to get your head in the right place. Let me know if you'd like a diet buddy since we're both in the same situation!! We could motivate each other! :o)ll :o)ll :wv :wv
Definitely would love someone to do it with me! Going to leave the runners in the hall then Ive no excuse!. Taking up swimming aswell so really going to try. Will be back in weight watchers next Wednesday for the first time in 6 weeks so should be interesting! Heres to walking!
I've PM'd you Shkyler! :wv
sumjul08 Posts: 107
Hi girls, God I'm feeling your pain. I'm in the same boat, getting married in July and need to lose at least 2 st. I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself too, between work,college and looking after my daughter I do be so tired to do anything else but i know I have to stop making excuses. I'm joining kickboxing on Monday, prob won't be able to move on Tues but I need to do something. hope we can all check in with each other and hopefully we can do it together (sounds corny I know but i'm finding it so hard and when you have a deadline the pressure is on)
Hi Girls I've set up a thread for us and any other wollies in the same boat!! Maybe we can post our weight loss each week (yes, we WILL lose each week!!!) and just post any questions/problems we're having in shifting the weight. :wv :wv
happybutterfly Posts: 212
I need to lose a stone. Need some motivation.Can I join in and email on website ow Im getting on I need some support with p other brides that understand?
happybutterfly Posts: 212
I need to lose a stone. Getting married in may Need some motivation.Can I join in and email on website ow Im getting on I need some support with p other brides that understand? :thnk