Have i left it too late?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pie Posts: 61
Hi Girls, For those of you going private, when did you go in search of gynie. I am based in Limerick and rang a few this morning, to be too I have left it too late and they are already booked up. Just wondering if anyone else having this bother. I tried Dr Burke, Slevin and Shekan, who all are booked up :o( few more to try still, but hadnt thought this would be a problem.
girlymum Posts: 696
Congratulations on your bfp. Didn't want to read and not reply. It's crazy how quickly they get booked up, you need to phone them as you dtd!. Did you try Dr.Casey, I attended her a few years ago for gynae stuff and really liked her. If you have a sister, sil or friend who has attended any of them you could try getting them to call their Obs and explain (this worked for my friend in Dublin). Or perhaps explain the situation to your GP and ask them to refer you. Best of luck,x
redwifey Posts: 2932
hey there sorry to hear you can't get anyone. luckily (or unluckily i suppose) i was pregnant a few months back and would have been due in Feb but I had a m/c. At that time I had no problem getting a consultant and went with Dr Slevin. Because I was a prior patient (even though I didn't get to meet him as he was on hols) I got an appointment no problem. Dr Dempsey or Dr Casey are two other options you haven't tried - the only thing is Dr Dempsey does not have his own scanner so you will have to go to the maternity for your scans. Hope you get sorted - any way of fudging your dates to say that you are due later/earlier than you are and maybe they might take you them? When is your DD? Can't believe they are booked up already.
nea dude Posts: 749
Firstly Congratulations! I'm going to pm you details of a doctor in the Limerick aera.
redwifey Posts: 2932
Just saw another post of yours and you are due 25th June. If I were you, I would tell your consultant that you are due a week later - just fudge the date of your LMP. I know loads of people who had to do this in order to get a consultant. They probably will have slots available for July babies as it's still early and then once they do the scan they will adjust your dates no problem.
pie Posts: 61
Thanks for the advise girls.. got sorted with doc skehan in the end.. so happy with that..
girlymum Posts: 696
Thats great Pie. Relax now and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, x