Have to change my Pronovias dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ficidy Posts: 1753
I was at a wedding the other day and my friend had my wedding dress :ooh So, needless to say, I can't wear my beautiful wedding dress now and have to change it (it was Pronovias Oleaje in white - really stunning dress :o( ). So, the bridal shop said that I can change my dress no prob - even if it's already been made the owner said she won't charge me full price for dress :lvs (but I'll have to get my dress from this shop as I have paid 1000 euro deposit). So, because I LOVE the Pronovias range more than any other I'm now going to look at the 2009 collection, but it's not in all the shops here or in London yet so I'll prob have to go to Spain as I don't want to wait too much longer to order the new dress (I'd try them on there and then order dress from shop here). Have been looking at Silencio and Sabina (but would get straps on this) online - has anyone tried on any of the 2009 collection (incl these dresses) and what were they like? Am so worried now that I won't find a dress I like as much as my original one O:| ;o( :o(
windycity Posts: 2241
is there no way you cant wear the same dress? how far apart are the weddings n dresses look sooo different on different people
Nope - can't wear it. I was so shocked that I told the girls (they'll all be at my wedding as will the bride) and H2B noticed me looking a bit off and asked me what was wrong and I couldn't lie to him so now he's seen it too. Deffo can't wear it. I wouldn't do that to my friend anyway - that was her special dress and I don't think it'd be very nice for her to see it on me. :o(
such a pity but youre right. Have you seen any other Pronovias you like?
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
ah sorry to hear that Ficidy :o(
Yeah girls, I'm upset, but I know it's the right thing to do. I've a few more weddings between now and my own so I'm not risking going for another dress from 2007/2008 collections so that's why I have to go for the 2009. Was looking at Silencio, Sabina and a few others from the new collection, but can't manage to post pics from their website. If you get a chance to have a look let me know what you think. This was my original dress.... [img:ellfxg7u]http://www.destafford.ie/uploads/image-1173813150-82448.jpg[/img:ellfxg7u]
http://www.pronovias.com/index_entrada.asp?idioma=uk how about this one? Ronda? its fab, not too unlike your original one the Radiant is fab fab also!!!!!
deda Posts: 1220
God what a shame -all the time you must have spent looking! At least you love the pronovias range so it won't take you long to try another one. Best of luck with the new one
Thanks socantwait - I like them both. I also like the ones in the Manuel Mota ranges. I'll be so nervous trying them on though that I won't like them as much. Ah well, maybe this has happened for a reason.
deda Posts: 1220
i love Rizo, Rene, prefer silencio to sabina dress -very similar to the other one you picked but I suppose you are going for something similar