Have Waters broke + TMI

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Duncelt Posts: 460
Morning all - its 5.30am and i've been up since 4.30 as I felt wet - its a longgggggggggggg time since I peed myself so am wondering if its my waters - its not a lot but is oderless and colourless and i've no contractions, but as i'm sure your aware we don't have the same control down there at this late stage. I'm having slight discomfort but its around the back passage area and shooting upwards towards my back. Seriously, this could be just a case of having to go to the toilet as i'm having some wind also. This is my first and i've no idea and can't get back to sleep. Help!!!!
sligo06 Posts: 513
I am as clueless as you are but if that had happened to me I would call the hospital and take their advise....today is your due date as well ?
WinterGal Posts: 835
When my waters broke I also thought I'd wet myself. But they kept trickling after that and then contractions started 30 minutes later. You could ring the hospital and ask but I think they need a sample of the waters to know. Are you far from the hospital?
Duncelt Posts: 460
Hi all - just back from hospital who have confirmed that my waters have broke and that i'm in early labour - not having contractions but have strong uncomfortable back pain which is very regular and tightenings. I was given the choice to stay or go home. we chose to go home and we've to go back in if contractions etc... start. If not then we've to go back for induction at 8.00am in morning.
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Good luck Duncelt - excited for you! :o)ll
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
All the best for your labour - my DS did not arrive for 48-hours until after my waters broke, hopefully your little one is well on the way! :o)ll
Bun in Oven Posts: 241
Best of luck!
angel3 Posts: 1572
Good Luck!
dreamer Posts: 3941
Best of luck Duncelt!! :o)ll
WinterGal Posts: 835
Good luck Duncelt. Hopefully your wait will be short. Some people get contractions as strong back pain. So i'd time the pains if they are coming regular.