Have you changed your e ring since getting engaged?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SueEllen Posts: 63
Hi all Following on from Coleen changing her e ring when she got married, have any of ye done this? I haven't. I love my ring but it's hard to know if I'll love it forever iykwim.
Roz Posts: 588
No havent changed it and i definately will never ever change it. I love it to bits and it means the world to me. H2B got it made especially for me. I'm dreading giving it to the jewellers to get cleaned. I never take it off *)
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
No and to be honest I never would. Hopefully I will get some lovely jewellery in the years to come but my engagement ring will always be unique and special to me because it is the ring that my h2b proposed with so I don't think it can be changed. Just my opinion.
bonita Posts: 1678
I got a new one before the wedding - I still have my original one and wear on my right hand all the time it means a lot to me obviously but I truely adore my new one
the winner Posts: 4148
Luckily enough I love the ring and it fits perfect ( i didnt pick it) But even if i didnt like it i still wouldn change it.... takes alot of love, time commitment for a man to pop the question and pick a ring.. so it means the world to me:D But ... I am getting my wedding ring made to suit the e ring.. To make it fuller... a band each side of the e- ring:D
mollyeile Posts: 2486
I wouldn't as I adore mine but I know a few people who have.
feb08bride Posts: 656
I love mine to bits and even now i have the wedding ring on its the engagement ring that is the main focus. I've never heard of anyone changing theirs, but i supopse if you really didn't like the one he picked out i would understand but its the moment he proposed and the love you felt at the time that makes the ring special, another engagement ring in my opinion would have no sentimentality behind it.
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
Personally I wouldn't but i do know people who have
chefmaid Posts: 2426
No i couldn't -Its the ring he picked and i love it :lvs
amypo Posts: 141
I will change mine probably when we are getting our wedding rings, we bought it in america and hadnt done any research into rings, i fell in love with the one we bought but because its a pave style and needed to be reduced in size quite a bit, 4 diamonds have fallen out in 6 months so it's really tainted how much i loved it in the first place >:o(