Have you fallen in the snow?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
I did!!!! Coming out of holles street hospital, i turned to tell my sister to be careful as it was slippy and i went down. I couldnt get up with the laughing. I was soaking all day and i looked like a knacker covered in muck! I was standing on the packed train, my sister was the far side of the carraige and all i could do was laugh, remembering the fall! So funny. On another note tho its ridicolous that the path wasnt gritted outside a maternity hospital, there was loads of new mothers in the lobby waiting on their lifts, with a look of fear on their faces.
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
[quote="wannabfp":sxbbmr9u]I did!!!! Coming out of holles street hospital, i turned to tell my sister to be careful as it was slippy and i went down. I couldnt get up with the laughing. I was soaking all day and i looked like a knacker covered in muck! I was standing on the packed train, my sister was the far side of the carraige and all i could do was laugh, remembering the fall! So funny. On another note tho its ridicolous that the path wasnt gritted outside a maternity hospital, there was loads of new mothers in the lobby waiting on their lifts, with a look of fear on their faces.[/quote:sxbbmr9u] Oooohhhh nooooooo morto!!!! At least you didn't get hurt :wv
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
Haven't fallen yet but I'm sure its on the cards when exiting a pub. Only, of course in front of a huge crowd of people!!
Layla20 Posts: 1089
Yeah I did, a couple of weeks ago in the first snow, H2B went for a walk and I was fine all the way round the quiet roads where there was no one around and then I got to town and fell flat on my ass, lucky there wasn't too many people around, H2B was so busy laughing at me that he couldn't even help me up.
lux Posts: 6270
I was off sick for a week because I injured my back falling. Its still a bit sore if I lie or sit in the same position. I'm so careful now, like a granny shuffling, because I don't want to even think about being out of action again.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
i had uggs on me.. not the best thing for the snow, so i went into pennys and bought a pair of uggy boot things with big grippy soles on them. They are the business! didnt slip once in them. only €8, they are cream tho and now are filthy, but i dont care, ill be living in them
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
[quote="lux":12vlxhw7]I was off sick for a week because I injured my back falling. Its still a bit sore if I lie or sit in the same position. I'm so careful now, like a granny shuffling, because I don't want to even think about being out of action again.[/quote:12vlxhw7] Ooohh nooooo that's terrible Lux - hope you're ok (am secretly giggling at the granny shuffling comment though)
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I haven't fallen this time around - but last January in that big freeze I absolutely creamed myself coming down the steps of Connolly station. Nothing like a fall on the tailbone to make you unable to sit at your desk!!! So embarassing (especially when you can't walk even after you get back to standing)!! :ooh :o0 :ooh
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
Not so far this time round. Did on Xmas eve last year on way out to work but laptop saved my back as i have it in a rucksack. The laptop survived while I felt sorry for myself with a sore wrist!
ItsOK Posts: 849
Yep, I fell last week....when the snow and ice was almost gone!!!!!!! after being soooo careful while weather was bad! Fell on my bum and like luckyladee said theres nothing like hurting your tailbone/coccyx to make it hard to sit down!!! Wouldnt mind but it was fine after I fell but its gettting sorer from constantly sitting on my ass! Could do with one of those dohnut ring thingys!! :o0 :o0