have you gotten your hair colour done since you were PG?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
im due to get mine tomorrow and i normally get a permanent colour - all one colour (dark) but im wondering should i have gotten a patch test done seeing as this is my first time getting it done since i am PG??? did you get yours done since? did you get a patch test? did you have a reaction?
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Can't help you with the all in one colour but got my highlights done the week before I was due.
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
did you bother getting a patch test done first or was it ok?
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Nope, didn't even think about it to be honest. Was desperate to get my hair done before babs arrived so just went ahead & got it done. It was fine!
aylala Posts: 3673
I've had my high lights done around 3 times now - just maybe mention it to hairdresser if your worried :wv
lunasa* Posts: 46
ive had all over dark colour done othre day but not permanent. its a quazi - lighter than semi - so maybe go for that if u worried. my hair dresser said its no harm to baby, only issue is that it might not take to ur hair as well when u pg. HTH. :wv
survivor Posts: 2507
I've had my hair done. A permanent all over colour (dark red) and it was fine. No reactions. Just the same as normal.
Vogue Posts: 426
[quote="Survivor":38e35vr7]I've had my hair done. A permanent all over colour (dark red) and it was fine. No reactions. Just the same as normal.[/quote:38e35vr7] Same here.
gemini chica Posts: 2581
My hair is black and I have had it done at least 3 times already with no patch test and will continue to do so!
one of each Posts: 1277
Ive got a full head of blonde highlights at around 10 weeks. Was a little worried but hairdress reassured me it was fine.