having a bad day !!! concerned

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
i'm feeling a bit down/fed up today dont knwo whats wrong with me and have thoughts of something not being right or going wrong with me or our baby - just have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach - really dont know why just afraid to get over excited or something and the few who know obvioulsy talk non stop to me about all the things i shoudl be getting excited about its just i'm so anxious to know all is ok before i fully give in to the hype - maybe its just the length of time keeping it to ourselves and wont be having my scan for another few weeks - feel like a "B" for feeling like this :o(
randomusername Posts: 2134
I think a lot of women go through this so don't be giving yourself a hard time about it. 12 weeks is such a long time to keep someone so life changing to yourself and until then a lot of women don't want to get hyper about it. There are so many stories on here and in real life about loss that you can't help but think about it. Could you book yourself an early scan for reassurance? Also could you ask your friends to take the excitement down a notch just until you get the all clear so you're not feeling under pressure?
petunia Posts: 1626
i know its annoying to hear but try not to be too worried if you can. Its hard in the early days, especially when you want to keep your news to yourselves a bit longer, but you'll have your scan coming up soon, probably not soon enough for you! its natural to be concerned about babs, but that'll never go away, the joys of it all *)
tilsun Posts: 4506
No advice just a :action32 There's so many ups and downs, try to distract yourself but be kind to yourself too.
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i had this at your stage and have it again this week!!! O:| i don't have much advise other than not to be too hard on yourself xxx
Bof Posts: 35
Hey OctMum2B, I'm at the same stage as you, 8w 2d, and to be very honest I feel down a lot. I can't understand it because I'm so happy to be pregnant but I'm so fearful something will go wrong. I wish the threat of mc was behind us. I certainly haven't been able to get excited yet but I know all that will come in time. It's nice to hear that you're at the very same stage as me and feeling the same emotions - mother nature eh!! So don't be feeling bad about yourself for having these feelings - we have such exciting times ahead :action31
mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
thanks for the replies girls :heartbeat: theese hormone ups & down are alot to deal with !!! guess its another positive sign that all is indeed well - think i'm going to have a soak in the bath and go to bed early with my book and hopefully things will seem better in the morning - all part of the process i guess - good to get things written down and out on here rrather than holding it all in thanks again ladies :thnk
mrs ddt Posts: 3235
ahh octmum I have done nothing but worry since I got my bfp....although you're so excited there's always something at the back of your mind....mine at the moment is I havent felt baby move and most people ar my stage have. I had a scan yesterday and everything perfect so its all in my head. The first 12 weeks are the worst for worries just mind yourself :xox :xox Whens your first scan?