having a bath

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
i thought this might be useful girls you have to be careful having a bath that you dont use anything with certain essential oils and i found this list my bubble bath is radox and has jasmine in it so im not using it and as far as i know as long as ur bath isnt over 100 degrees its fine (doesnt turn ur skin pink/red) im gonna have a bath now but leavin out the bubbles and borrowed a thermometer from one of my bearded dragons tanks so i know im not havin it too hot!! :wv
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Thanks for that mrsp2010, i've been just using the johnson's baby bedtime bath to be on the safe side but it's handy to have a list!
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I'm not sure that Radox would have sufficient quantity of essential oil in it to cause an issue. But better safe than sorry. It might be worth posting up a list of essential oils and herbal remedies that may be problematic. I know Rosemary, Lavender and I think Thyme may be ones to avoid. Anyone here an aromatherapist??
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I'd say you're right Delphinium in that most bubble baths etc should be fine, it's probably more the case that the essentail oil in it's pure form shouldn't be used.
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
[quote="ciaraella":12a9i6pg]I'd say you're right Delphinium in that most bubble baths etc should be fine, it's probably more the case that the essentail oil in it's pure form shouldn't be used.[/quote:12a9i6pg] im just too scared to use any would baby bath be safe?
mrspiggy Posts: 1289
My reading on that site is about oils in their pure form - as they refer to drops of oils. I've been using different radox bubble baths all throughout pregnancy.
Carmcd Posts: 146
Anybody know if epsom salts are safe in bath? Always used these before for anythign muscular and it's fab but have avoided baths completely since pregnancy as just wasn't sure what was safe, good to have that list anyway.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I wouldn't see why not! May check with the pharmacist to make sure but I expect they would be fine. Essential oils can be risky because some can trigger contractions and you don't want that! Agree that the epsom salts are brilliant for muscular aches and pains. I was buying them last year after having a car accident and they were marvellous. At the time I bought them the pharmacist said they were very popular with women after childbirth. Something to bear in mind girls! They are very healing IYKWIM.
katiecaboom Posts: 831
Glad to hear I can have my baths, I love them but had been avoiding them since I got the pos as I was worried. Love them scalding hot but I'm sure I can compromise for the safety of my little bean
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
I've had baths the whole way through, my usual bath stuff is badedas, haven't a clue what's in it.. I've been using Epsom salts recently to see would they help with my pelvic pain (they don't) but it doesn't hurt to use them either. The pharmacist recommended them to me to try see if it helped..