having an 80's themed hen night

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
any ideas or suggestions on what i could wear?
katgirl Posts: 1258
Dunnes and pennys have fab legwarmers in neon colours at the mo and loads of 80s style tee shirts and puff ball skirts and leggings in mental colours and pennys have neon handbads and loads of accessories - oh and dont forget to crimp your hair and put masses of hairspray - oh and one more thing in claires accessories they have lace fingerless gloves :o0 :o0 Hope you have a ball dressing up
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
This is a fab fab FAB idea!! :o)ll Dont forget the mad eyeshadow!!
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Neon colours big hair backcombed of course and ankle boots ............think Modonna ....in her early years ............
gottabfp Posts: 5641
thanks girls, you are all great is there anything i can do so i stand out from the rest of the girls....prob just wear a sash or something ?
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
There is brill stuff on ebay too. I was at an 80's party a few months back so have a pair of (slutty :o0 ) black fingerless gloves that will never see the light of day again. PM me your address and I will post them to ya.
Cherry Bomb Posts: 230
I think it sounds like a brilliant idea, sort of like the Wedding Singer, I was only watching that film again last week. I did a quick google, http://www.fun-theme-party-ideas.com/80 ... party.html and there are photos here: http://www.letsgoout.ie/Eighties%20show ... 80%27s.htm Should be a blast. O-O
katgirl Posts: 1258
if you want to be different and your the bride then think madonna in the like a virgin video she was in all white bridal gear - think ripped netting for skirt and white lace top and white fingerless gloves etc... big hair up in side pony back combed to death with black eyeliner and the black madonna mole on your upper lip- but wear black doc martin boots under it all to really 80s it up-- oh and your the only one aloud wear white on the night so you will really stand out O-O
mid-summer bride Posts: 175
I had an 80's themed hen last year and it was the best laugh ever. You'll find loads of authentic stuff on e-bay and as others suggested you'll get lots of stuff in Dunnes and Penney's. I wore a ra-ra skirt with the worst pair of stilletos you've ever seen and leg warmers. Most of us got our accessories in Claire's. They had earrings shaped like safety pins and guitars, banana combs.... the works! I also did up goody bags for all the ladies with 80's sweets, rubix cube keyrings etc.... I hope you have a great time.....I wish it was my turn all over again!
polecat Posts: 345
Totally love the idea, the madonna theme for you would be fantastic. Try charity shops for dodgy dresses etc, I got the most horrific 80's puffball prom dress a few months ago in one, though very scared when I saw something very similar in a proper shop last week!! Definitely get the crimpers out - it's terrifying when you do and remember how hot you thought you looked in the 80s with your hair crimped on a night out!