Hayfever

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Hi Girls I suffer a bit from hayfever and totally forgot to ask the doc if I can take tablets... Can we?
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Sorry mrs, I havent a clue. How are you keeping? How was the weekend? I started feeling sick yesterday evening around 7:30, it lasted for about an hour, and feel sick again this morning. I'm thrilled though, coz hopefully it means alls as it should be.
Hi Jedi Haven't felt the "sickness" yet but last night was the first night I slept all night. I was in bed by 9pm! I could go back to bed if I was given the chance right now :o0 Totally forgot to ask the doc when I was in with him the other day and there is a woman sitting in front of me watering away with hayfever so I know I'll get it as soon as I go outside.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
I was up at 4:50am yesterday morning for a meeting, and today I am absolutely wrecked. Meant to go to bed early on the Monday night but after work I visited a friend who just had her baby so I didnt get home till 10:30 and by the time I relaxed a bit and fed the cats and dogs it was after 12 when I dozed off. I am like the anit christ this morning.
pattie Posts: 2379
Only the odd antihistamine here and there is what my consultant said. Although I know in the States they let you take clarityn every day in pregnancy. I bought this yoke called medinose which works using infrared light, you do it 3 times a day and it's way better than any antihistamine I've used so I'm using it again this year instead of the clarityn. There's also a pollen blocker cream on sale in Boots.
chicam Posts: 1169
Hiya, i suffer really badly with hayfever but unfortunately Doc says I'd better be dying completely before I take anything >:o(
If I do get a bad dose of it she'll be giving me her hayfever tablets and I'll have to pretend to take them!! It'll look like I've a weird strane of it!! :o0
baby peanut Posts: 810
Nelsons pharmacy do some homeopathic hayfever stuff. I think it might be safe to take. Pollenna I think is the name. Double check you can take it. I just suffered through mine the last time *) It's not too bad this time (fingers crossed) :o0
Where is Nelsons pharmacy are they a chain? I'm outside dublin but I'll check in the ones we have here Thanks for all your help - as I sneeze the evening away :o0
cbtb Posts: 413
My Doctor said no antihistamine but I could use beconase nasal spray which I found helped. I also use steremar spray its sea water that you use to kind of douche your nose but it can help to keep hayfever at bay if you use it every day. You can get the Nelsons pharmacy stuff in any health food shop.