HEAD WRECKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
Hi ladies, hope you're all doing well and blooming... i'm at the stage now where i'm panicing and feel that i should go down the shops and buy EVERYTHING for babs - and all the x-mas presents too .... JUST IN CASE!!! Anyway was out and about yesterday trying to look at prams, buggies, monitors and all that stuff... at one stage had kinda decided on the quinny buzz - but now i'm not sure... what's putting me off is that lack of storage underneath!!!!!!!!! Is this a problem for those of you who have them??? Also can any of you advise on what baby monitor to get?????? Should i get the one with the sensor mat or not? As always thanks for all your advice x
fantac Posts: 4109
hi there on the monitor - we have a digital tomy one - i'd advise you to get digital, not analogue, they're more pricey, but a million times better. on the buggy - it really depends on where you live, what you'll use it for (off road or not) and how much weight you are prepared to lift into your car. the quinny gets a lot of bad press, but some folk seem to find them great. we have a phil and ted - got it as we hope to have a second baby in the next year or two, so it means we wont have to then go out and buy a new buggy again. its heavy to lift into the car but thats the only negative thing i'd say about it. can you go to a big baby shop and push them around? see what fits best in your car etc? dont worry about being ultra prepared - sure i had my hosp bag packed at 24weeks -just in case i went early
thanks sm - appreciate ur reply x
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Definitely get digital monitor- we got one on smyths and it also has a noise light display. So as well as hearing noise, if you have it beside the tv, you can see it lighting up with any noises- very very handy, good luck,m.
nea dude Posts: 749
MUMS THE WORD, I feel the exact same as you. although if I had the things I think I'd run out of patience by December waiting for the baby to pop out. My parents offered to buy the buggy for me so I didn't dictate what they should get. They can be very expensive so I would never pick which one. I told my mother whenever she sees one she likes to pick it up. She got a lovely one from argos, the brand is Jeep, and although it's a four wheeler it's not heavy at all. It looks very strong and has all the accessories. I was looking for a heavy duty buggy as the roads near where we live are not great. A modern three wheeler would never survive. I'd be afraid it would topple over like Del boys car from only fools and horses. :o0 :o0 I also think the new modern designs don't absorb the shocks as much as the classic buggy. I think the modern ones are really city buggies for people who need them for quick use and walking on pavements.
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Nea Dude, I thought a lot of the modern 3 wheelers were more designed for country roads than city ones??? We got the Quinny Buzz and while I havent used it yet (!!) one of the reasons I got it was that it seems to have good suspension and proper tyres (rather than small plastic wheels) for the country roads. We got the 4 wheeler rather than the 3 wheeler. I got the extra storage basket for the bottom of it, and you're right, its not huge. But I have to drive to the nearest shops anyway so its not as big an issue for me. I think it all depends on where you live/how much you drive.
thanks for your advice girls, i appreciate it as always... i think the nesting thing is kicking in big time!!!!!!!!! x
Chukles Posts: 672
Best of luck with the nesting MUMS THE WORD!!