Headaches

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Girls I keep getting headaches,had one at the moment too,why is this happening?
clucky Posts: 26471
are you drinking enough water dolly? you may be dehydrated
:o( God its bad,getting them since Friday...would it be tiredness? Was up early over the weekend everyday and was up coughing last night too :o( :o(
[quote="Clucky":20f8tyrh]are you drinking enough water dolly? you may be dehydrated[/quote:20f8tyrh] If its not water its fruit juices,I have drank half a litre already this morning :o( really dont like taking paracetmols don't have any with me anyway :o(
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Dolly unfortunately it's par for the course. I got them at the beginning but they seem to have died down now. I think it's to do with the extra blood we have. I know some of the girls got really bad migrains too but touch wood, I never get those. Drinking plenty of water is supposed to help, and you can take panadol if they get really bad. HTH
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Its part of your condition now. Nothing you can do except relax, drink water and ensure you are regular! You cannot take any medication except for Paracetamol. Boot also do a cool patch but a cold wet cloth on your forehead does the same trick. They do get pretty intense but all you can do is ride them through. They do subside eventually!!
Tigletts Posts: 2904
I keep getting mixed up - is it panadol or paracetomol you can take?!
gbirishgirl Posts: 246
Have you tried some natural remedies for headaches? I often find that pinching the bridge of my nose or putting pressure on the fleshy part of your palm under your thumb (i.e. pinch this part, one finger on top of your hand, your thumb underneath) often helps too... these are more distraction methods than cures though... hope they help!
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Its Paracetamol. With regard to natural remedies - not all are good for you and can cause miscarriage so you need to speak to an expert first i.e. certain massage pressure points causes muscles to relax and are therefore unadvisable to massage during pregnancy (this includes the point between the thumb and forefinger and certain pressure points on the foot!)
ginger nut Posts: 5989
[quote="Tigletts":nnz87stb]I keep getting mixed up - is it panadol or paracetomol you can take?![/quote:nnz87stb] they are the same thing tigletts. Panadol is a trade name. Just make sure that there isn't any aspirin in the tablets as some painkillers have 2 different active ingredients.