Heads up - stamps are increasing...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
They must do this every July because this happened me right before I sent mine out last year but just an FYI - stamps increasing by 2cent next week and 5cent for international! http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent ... s+2016.htm
SharonX Posts: 17
Does that mean a card with a 70c stamp won't be delivered? Thanks :-)
Lucky-In-Love Posts: 133
I was told by the post office that you would have a couple of days grace with the 70c. They also said to me that if I bought the wedding stamps before Thursday morning it would be €7 a pack but for the same pack on Thursday it would be €7.20. By the same pack I mean literally the same pack of stamps. There is no 70c written on them it is an N. This is only what I have been told so take from it what you want - I am hopping that it is true but I guess I just want to highlight it was advice given to me by a worker so I cannot guarantee it :D
mrsmoc2b Posts: 15
I emailed An Post to get clarification on this as the lady in my local post office told me I would have to pay extra postage as our invites are being posted in August, yet I have all the wedding stamps bought. Their reply was that "the wedding stamps you have purchased are fine to use as "N" covers the national rate and will not require any further stamps". Just make sure your invite isn't too heavy and needs to be sent at a higher rate. Can't wait to have ours all posted!
E.Rose Posts: 188
I used wedding stamps that my friend had left over from her wedding, 2 years ago! They just had "N" written on them. I asked at the GPO if I could use them and they said the "N" means it's the national rate and no further stamps were required. Happy days!
MissyM67 Posts: 337
Only in Ireland would they try and phase out 1 and 2 cent coins, and then increase the price of stamps to 72 cent! Haha