Health & beauty regime- esp Feb brides in final weeks!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
Girls, what should we be doing in the last few weeks?! I haven't lost the weight :o( so I will try to be good, despite remnants of chocs etc from Christmas (though I didn't pig out terribly over Christmas which is something I suppose). I have a voucher for a beauty treatment from last year so I'm going to get a mineral slimming body treatment that's supposed to eliminate toxins etc. I've been advised not to get facials too close to the wedding, so I am hoping to use a Christmas voucher tomorrow (more than 3 weeks in advance) - should be ok hopefully. Should drink lots of water - must try especially in this weather with so much central heating! Still clueless whether to get fake tan / spray tan - I only want a light glow and never got tan before, so don't know what to do. From reading other threads, I gather if you don't normally wax, now is not the time to start :o( Any hints & tips for us girls in the final stretch??? :eek
chra Posts: 220
Hey GB, you sound like me, I am dreading the fake tan but dont have much choice with the dress! I'm also starting to up the water intake. The other thing I've been recommended is to take udos oil. Not sure if Ill do it though, I always buy these things and never take them. Maybe for the wedding though?? :o0 :o0
Sheedy Posts: 7
there's an oxygen treatment that was recommended to me a day b4 the wedding. It's supposed to make your skin totally fab for a few weeks. Gonna get it for the laugh. I get coldsores so Im taking that l-lysine stuff to try prevent one for the wedding. I got the boots shimmering self tan and tried it and it was great. last time i got a spray tan I was like an oompa loompa. Hope it doesn't rain
Randall are you getting spray tan or applying fake tan yourself? I really don't know what to do and would have to get a trial soon. How long does spray tan last? Does it go blotchy? Argh, this isn't a great time for experimenting but with a strapless dress (although with bolero over it, at least at the start of the day) I should get some colour onto me. Am totally clueless about it though!
rop Posts: 1453
what does Udos oil do???
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Hi, I've fifteen weeks left and I'm panicing so I can only imagine how you feel :hyper: If you're looking for a bit of a figure boost then I would definitely have use your voucher to have an inch loss wrap done. I had one a couple of years ago and found it excellent. They measure you beforehand, measure you afterwards and tell you how much you've lost so you feel great leaving. The important part is to drink lots of water afterwards, try not to drink alcohol and be a saint food-wise until your wedding.! Its difficult but its totally worth it as you will definitely be down in inches and you're tummy will be flatter. Best of luck - I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. Have 7lb to go before I'm at my goal so I hope I can do it before the dress fittings start :-8
Betsy May Posts: 2168
The Oxygen treatment mentioned by Sheedy is quite good. I've done it once and will be doing it in the run up to the wedding with a bit of microdermabrasion too. The fine lines temporarily disappear. Just avoid too treatments the week of the wedding to give your skin a chance to relax. At night, use Dream On patches from the Toxic Twins - I found them effective. There is quite an "ughhhh" factor when you see what happens to the first one (at least if you are as toxic as me) but I guess that proves it is working! It's a five night course. http://www.thetoxictwins.com/store/prod ... ucts_id=29 Other than that - water, walking, fruit and general clean living!
[quote="CharlotteYork":3ogl6ek5]Hi, I've fifteen weeks left and I'm panicing so I can only imagine how you feel :hyper: If you're looking for a bit of a figure boost then I would definitely have use your voucher to have an inch loss wrap done. I had one a couple of years ago and found it excellent. They measure you beforehand, measure you afterwards and tell you how much you've lost so you feel great leaving. The important part is to drink lots of water afterwards, try not to drink alcohol and be a saint food-wise until your wedding.! Its difficult but its totally worth it as you will definitely be down in inches and you're tummy will be flatter. Best of luck - I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. Have 7lb to go before I'm at my goal so I hope I can do it before the dress fittings start :-8[/quote:3ogl6ek5] Hi girls We would love to have harp music and a singer for the church and over Christmas we researched different websites to see if we could find a singer/harpist. On a first pass of maybe 20 websites we didn't particularly take to most of them, and picked out 2 people. One said she'd send us a demo tape but hasn't, nor has she responded to my last e-mail. The other is a singer who charges €300, which is fine, she seems really good. However we would need to organise a harpist separately. Contacted her recommended harpist this morning and she would also charge €300 because she has to travel a bit to our venue. This is well over what we had budgeted for church music, but maybe our budget was too small. Girls, did I budget too little or is this an awful lot for a harpist and singer? We could forget the harp and get a guitarist with our singer....while I do love guitar, I had visions of the lovely Celtic-y lilt of a harp in the Church......<sigh> Any advice welcome! I really need to book someone today or tomorrow, the wedding is tomorrow 3 weeks!!!!
[quote="CharlotteYork":2h76wpu3]Hi, I've fifteen weeks left and I'm panicing so I can only imagine how you feel :hyper: If you're looking for a bit of a figure boost then I would definitely have use your voucher to have an inch loss wrap done. I had one a couple of years ago and found it excellent. They measure you beforehand, measure you afterwards and tell you how much you've lost so you feel great leaving. The important part is to drink lots of water afterwards, try not to drink alcohol and be a saint food-wise until your wedding.! Its difficult but its totally worth it as you will definitely be down in inches and you're tummy will be flatter. Best of luck - I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. Have 7lb to go before I'm at my goal so I hope I can do it before the dress fittings start :-8[/quote:2h76wpu3] Charlotte, how close to the wedding should you get a treatment like the inch-loss thing? If the effect is very temporary I'd need to get it done a day or two before - but what if it wears off and then my wedding dress is too tight? Argh! I am stressing about everything at the moment as you all no doubt can tell !
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Well what I plan on doing is getting the inch wrap thing done about 3 weeks beforehand to give me a bit of a boost. I felt very virtuous after mine and had absolutely no problem sticking to a good diet for a couple of weeks but then of course I slipped O:| I lost something like 11 inches all over in one session, and you will keep this off as long as you follow a good diet. So, I'm thinking have one a few weeks before hand, be good for a few weeks and then have one the week before the wedding for a final squeeze :o0 I had a mud wrap done and my skin felt so so soft after it. As for your fake tan problem, I'm quite fair too and I don't want to look mahogany on the day, nor do I want my dress to be ruined by fake tan so I think I'm going to have a few sunbed sessions and then just use NiveaSun for the week before the wedding if needs be. I know its not ideal, but my reasoning is that if I use the sunbeds at least I won't burn when I'm on my honeymoon as I'll have some bit of a base already gotten. I only want a light colour, more so to take the blue tinge from my skin than anything else :o0 AND why don't you PM Siobhan Oliver re: your music? She recommended a trio to me and I thought they were excellent when I went to hear them. They're called Animato. Best of luck! Have you had your hen already? Where are you going on your HM? I'm getting excited just thinking about it!