Health Insurance Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
Excuse my ignorance but I've never been in a hospital (except visiting people). My question is: If you have no health insurance and you have to go into hopital as an outpatient for a procedure (no overnight stay), am I correct in assuming that you pay for this? Thanks :-8
clucky Posts: 26471
yup they invoice you about a month later
BMaid07 Posts: 189
yup its about 60 euro or thereabouts
[quote="Clucky":27wjmk2v]yup they invoice you about a month later[/quote:27wjmk2v] Thanks Clucky. :thnk Last question, that's the case for even public hospital yes?
[quote="BMaid07":3ayihb07]yup its about 60 euro or thereabouts[/quote:3ayihb07] I wish, I'm getting quoted almost €800.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
[quote="ohsohappybride":1g0ev65t][quote="BMaid07":1g0ev65t]yup its about 60 euro or thereabouts[/quote:1g0ev65t] I wish, I'm getting quoted almost €800.[/quote:1g0ev65t] I think the rate depends on what you are actually getting done.
[quote="ohsohappybride":1th5u5yw][quote="BMaid07":1th5u5yw]yup its about 60 euro or thereabouts[/quote:1th5u5yw] I wish, I'm getting quoted almost €800.[/quote:1th5u5yw] suppose it would depend on the procedure too! ive been in and out since i was a kid for the same procedure over and over and over i use the consultant privately but for the procedure i go public cos its in and out in a day only ever been charged 60 euro for it. last trip was a year ago are you sure they're not quoting you for a private bed?
[quote="BMaid07":16k6szjo][quote="ohsohappybride":16k6szjo][quote="BMaid07":16k6szjo]yup its about 60 euro or thereabouts[/quote:16k6szjo] I wish, I'm getting quoted almost €800.[/quote:16k6szjo] suppose it would depend on the procedure too! ive been in and out since i was a kid for the same procedure over and over and over i use the consultant privately but for the procedure i go public cos its in and out in a day only ever been charged 60 euro for it. last trip was a year ago are you sure they're not quoting you for a private bed?[/quote:16k6szjo] I never thought to ask that :-8 , I'll ring them back. Thanks for your help.
prob best to do that alright consultants normally work both public and private hospitals they're prob assuming that you want to go private if you've seen him privately already. just let them know ya want a public appointment instead. ya may have to wait a bit longer but it will save ya 740 quid! if theyre suggesting mount carmel or blackrock clinic or beacon then its deffo private theyre suggesting you fork out for