Heard a wedding horror story today

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

skittles Posts: 1312
oh god this is just awful, i heard there was a wedding in Roganstown at the weekend and with all the terrible weather there was a flood!!! :eek band couldnt get there, and the guests couldnt leave! everyone had to stay the night and worse still there was a cd played over and over all evening. hope the poor bride managed to enjoy her day despite everything.
al4 Posts: 161
oh Lord, that is really awful, I hope they were able to make the best of it.
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Oh God, the poor bride and groom. I hope they could make the best of it. Thats awful.
skittles Posts: 1312
i know its just your worst nightmare but one of those freak things that you cant control.hope she managed to laugh it off. puts things in perspective really,im making a mental note not to freak out if i wake up with a spot on the morning of the wedding. :o0
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Yeah it totally puts things into perspective! They'll have an interesting wedding story to tell the grandkids in years to come! *)
blink Posts: 821
I was stuck in traffic coming home from photographing a christening in a rush so hubbie could leave to do a gig in Longford and all I could think of was all the poor brides getting married. I was lucky that the christening I was working on was booked into a very swanky golf club with balconies surrounding the function room with ceilings so even with torrential rain there were great shots. I just prayed it was like that for any girls getting married! Needless to say hubbies band made it to their venue quite late but they still got there thankfully and played until 3 in the morning to make up for the lateness. Hopefully it will be something the happy couples can laugh about!
Picasso Posts: 645
I heard about that wedding in Roganstown today too. Hope the bride and groom managed to make the best of things :o(